- NBC recently reported that ISIS forces are getting larger and stronger despite the Obama administration spending billions of dollars on a failed air campaign and military strategy.
- The stock market is stalling.
- Job creation is barely keeping up with population growth.
- Wage growth is anemic, growing just .2% in the second quarter, the lowest quarterly growth since 1982.
- The labor participation rate is at the lowest level in decades because the Obama economy cannot generate enough jobs.
- Thousands of veterans are still not getting the medical care they were promised by the Federal government.
- 45 million Americans are still receiving monthly Federal food assistance.
- Our borders still leak and thousands of illegal immigrant criminals continue to walk our streets.
- Major programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security are hurtling towards insolvency and lose hundreds of billions of dollars every year to fraud and mismanagement.
- Our kids are still getting lousy public educations at most public schools.
- The IRS and other government functions seem to be getting their computer systems hacked on a regular basis, exposing tens of millions of Americans to identity theft potential.
- Obama Care is a failure along so many dimensions as health care costs continue to soar despite the Obama promise that they would decrease.
- Annual Federal deficits, while down, are still about half a TRILLION a year meaning that even though the Federal government is collecting more in taxes than ever before, it still cannot run a balanced budget.
- Taxpayers spent $150 million to build fancy, hotel like villas in Afghanistan to house private security employees, who were guarding government employees, rather than having them live on U.S. military bases.
- Housing them on military bases would have incurred a fraction of the cost of the specially built villas.
- Such is the finding from the most recent inspector general report.
- The report found that 20% of this particular Pentagon organization’s budget was spent just on these housing units for a “handful” of security people, where handful is defined at ten of fewer people at any one time.
- In a definite understatement, John Sopko, Special Inspector General for Afghanistan reconstruction stated: "We are concerned that this may be another example of U.S. government officials not looking out for American taxpayers' dollars."
- This latest round of wasteful spending comes on the heels of a report last month that the Department of Defense had spent an amazing $43 million to build a single gas station in Afghanistan, a construction project that should have cost about $500,000.
- In addition to these dreadful financial disasters, Sopko told FoxNews.com his office had received "numerous allegations" of criminal activity by the same Pentagon organization from former employees as well as "current and former uniformed officers who worked over there, other agencies and contractors."
- A former employee involved in the construction of the villas, described the villas as hangouts for senior Pentagon officials who traveled to Afghanistan, "simply to accumulate flying miles. They just came in and didn’t do anything but hang out in the villa."
- The following is a picture of what taxpayers paid $150 million for:
How many veterans do you think could have gotten the medical care they deserved and were promised if that $150 million had been spent on them and not to provide luxury housing for security consultants and senior Pentagon officials? Disgraceful waste of taxpayer money.
Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson said the artist was one of several artists working on a mural planned for West Street under the Interstate 580 overpass between 35th and 36th streets. Friends of Ramos said a man was messing with their equipment and Ramos asked them to stop, then before they knew it, he was shot while working on the mural.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com