Seven years later hope has become very scarce and change has almost always been for the worst. Now, before someone says that I am just a sour grapes Republican, conservative, or neo-con, understand that I have never voted for a Republican for President in my life (I started voting in the 1970s). Up until 2010, I had never voted for Republican for national office in my life. I fully support gay rights and respect a woman’s legal right to an abortion. Thus, none of what you are about to read over the next few days comes from a Republican sour grapes perspective.
But unless you have had completely had your head in the sand or elsewhere, this has been the worst Presidency that I have experienced in my lifetime. From horrid legislation (e.g. Obama Care) to a failed foreign policy (e.g. Syria) to daily lawlessness on the part of this administration (e.g. use of unsecured email accounts by high ranking administration members), the ineptness and ineffectiveness of this administration is mind boggling.
Thus, given this set up, in no particular order, this is what I will remember about the Obama Presidency:
- I will remember that the major issues facing the country when he was sworn in as President are no better and perhaps have gotten worst seven years later:
- Our public schools still fail to properly education our kids despite the trillions of dollars we have spent on their poor education.
- Our borders still leak.
- Our “war on drugs” is still failing with no alternative proposed or deployed.
- Our nation still lacks a comprehensive energy strategy and plan to deliver clean, inexpensive energy to the American economy.
- I will remember that this administration severely violated the First Amendment rights of millions of Americans by using the IRS to hinder their political organizing and fundraising activities.
- I will remember that this administration severely violated the Fourth Amendment rights of all Americans by collecting just about any form or communications of Americans without warrants or just cause.
- I will remember that this President attended hundreds of fund raising events, setting Presidential records, and played over 250 rounds of golf after promising that he would devote every waking moment of his life, if elected, to serving the people of the country and addressing their needs.
- I will remember that this President had no idea on how to cope with the Gulf oil spill and how he took two vacations, golfed, and attended a number of fund raising events while people in the Gulf coast states were fighting for their lands and livelihoods.
- I will remember that this President refused to attend a memorial service in France for the vicitms of the Charlie Hebdo terrorist assassinations even though every other major world leader attended. Instead, a week later he lamely sent Secretary of State John Kerry to France along with James Taylor to sing a song.
- I will remember how this President told so many lies about Obama Care:
- If you like your current health insurance policy, you can keep it.
- If you like your current doctors and hospitals you can keep them.
- You could save up to $2,500 a year in your family’s health insurance costs.
- Using the Obama Care online website exchanges will be easy and simple.
- Obama Care will not add a single dime to the national debt.
- Over 20 million uninsured Americans will have health insurance by 2016.
- I will remember how this President lied when he promised to go through the Federal budget “line-by-line” to eliminate wasteful and redundant Federal government spending.
- I will remember how this President lied when he promised to unify the country and heal its racial and political divisions but instead helped widen existing divisions and create new ones.
- I will remember how this President illegally swapped out five high ranking captured terrorists for a sole Army deserter.
- I will remember how this President honored this deserter by inviting his parents to the White House for a meeting and press event but ignored the families of the soldiers who died searching for the the deserter in the wilds of Afghanistan.
- I will remember how this President allowed many high ranking members of his administration to blatantly violate Federal law when they used deceptive, secret, unsecured, likely hacked and criminal private email accounts to conduct government business.
- I will remember how this administration abandoned upwards of two dozen Americans to die in Benghazi by denying them the necessary military help that was ready and willing to go and rescue them.
- I will remember how this administration lied about the root cause of the Benghazi attack in order to preserve their precious political speaking points about curtailing terrorism and how it is not a factor in our lives anymore.
- I will remember how this President failed to live up to the Iraq troop withdrawal timetable that he promised while campaigning.
- I will remember how this President focused on the theory of man made climate change, that may or may not be a reality, vs. focusing on Islamic terrorism that is a real and fatal issue today.
- I will remember how this administration racked up four straight fiscal years of trillion dollar deficits, endangering the future economic health and viability of the country.
- I will remember how this administration violated the law four years in a row by not providing a detailed Federal government budget on time.
- I will remember how this administration has incurred MONTHLY budget deficits that often exceeded the ANNUAL budget deficits of the Bush administration.
- I will remember how this administration will likely incur a national debt level equal to the debt level incurred by all previous Presidential administrations COMBINED.
- I will remember how this President stood by silently, given his tacit approval, when his political allies called Americans a**h***s, Nazis, knuckle dragging Neanderthals, terrorists, racists, whores, sluts, and other vulgar names.
- I will remember how this President failed to come up with any plans to fix Medicare, Medicaid, or Social Security, three major government programs that are hurtling towards financial insolvency.
- I will remember how George W.Bush always left for Washington for his Christmas holiday the day after Christmas so that people associated with Presidential travel could spend Christmas with their families while Obama always left for his Christmas vacation, always to Hawaii, prior to Christmas day, denying those people associated with Presidential travel the opportunity to spend Christmas with their families.
- I will remember that despite free lodging, a massive staff, free food, free Presidential perks, free healthcare, and free Secret Service security protection, President Obama griped that his wife, First Lady Michelle Obama, should be treated special and be paid just for being the First Lady even though every preivous First Lady did not get paid.
I will remember a lot about this Presidency, almost all of it very forgettable, regrettable and often disgusting. And unfortunately, I will still have more bad memories to review tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com