- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating health care costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government health care programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high health care costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
- According to the Daily Beast article: “The President’s signature domestic policy, his namesake health care law, is doing very poorly.”
- It mentions that the largest health insurer in the country, UnitedHealth, has publicly stated that it might stop participating in Obama Care do to financial losses.
- If companies like UnitedHealth start to leave the program the remaining insurers are likely to raise rates for their policies even quicker.
- This possibility is made more likely since the insurers are worried they may not get Federal taxpayer bailout money to ease their financial pains.
- According to the Daily Beast: “At root, the problem stems from the fact that it has turned out to be far more difficult to get young, healthy people to sign up for plans in the exchanges, and the population is therefore older and sicker than insurers had expected and the Obama administration had predicted.”
- Wellmark of Iowa, the largest insurer in the state of Iowa, has reported that Obama Care policy holders use significantly more health and medical services for more chronic and critical diseases and illnesses than the company expected.
- Not surprisingly, many Obama Care customers are “playing the system,” a strategy that Obama Care critics accurately predicted years ago. According to Wellmark: “There were 135 members [Wellmark Obama Care customers] who signed up for coverage, received several million dollars in health care services, and then terminated their coverage. Wellmark received only approximately 10 percent in premiums to cover those members’ health care claims.”
- The Obama administration admitted in October that rather than attaining 20 million Obama Care customers by 2016 it will attain only about half that many, a massive 50% miss.
- From 1990 to 2012, while overall healthcare industry jobs grew by 75% only one out of every 20 of those new jobs was filled by a real doctor.
- This left the country with a ratio of one real doctor for every 16 employees in the healthcare industry.
- And even worse, only six of those 16 non-doctors are involved in providing actual health care, the rest are administrators and bureaucrats.
- These numbers are made worse if you add in the lawyers, accountants, and industry consultants to the non-doctor totals.
Current cost $ 636.00 month New cost $ 1057.00 month
Current deductible $ 7,000 New deductible $12,000
Current out of pocket $ 7,000 New out of pocket $ 12,350
This is my retirement gift from Obama & the democrats, an extra cost of $ 5050.00 per year for insurance coverage I don't want or need. I am very happy with my current coverage. There is no way this is Constitutional.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com