- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control of our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
- Mr. Michaels sets up the science with the following El Nino summary: “For months we have been saying that, once they started dropping, the satellite temperatures—our only truly global measure—were going to go down with a vengeance, which is what usually happens after a strong El Niño event spikes a fever. El Niño is a dramatic slowdown (or even a reversal) in the trade winds that diverge surface water away from the South American coast, “upwelling” much colder subsurface waters. When that stops, global temperatures rocket upwards, but that also builds up more and more cold water to be unleashed when the trade winds resume.”
- The satellite based temperature readings in the lower atmosphere are already showing a dramatic drop in the past four months as the El Nino starts to break up.
- In fact, according to Roy Spencer of University of Alabama-Huntsville, who publishes the satellite data, the drop in temperatures the past in the last two months was the second-largest drop ever.
- It missing being the biggest drop the record by only 0.01⁰C.
- The existing record was set, wait for it, after the slightly bigger 1997-8 El Niño.
- In the tropics, where El Niño is the strongest, the drop was the largest in the entire 37-year record of keeping track of temps by satellite.
- Despite the current strong El Nino, the overall change in temps has been basically flat, subject to random error variation, over the past 20 years.
- The global “truth” that people like Al Gore and Barack Obama like to spout is that 97% of climate scientists say the science is settled and that humanity is the prime suspect in driving up Earth’s temperatures. However, the article points out, correctly, given that we have already reported on this in previous posts, that this number was passed on a too small of a sample size of only 77 people, that was selectively and biasedly drawn from a much larger sample size who responded to a survey. You cannot base government policy and laws on such a small, skewed sample.
- There are 35 “lies” in Al Gore’s global warming movie, “An Inconvenient Truth.”
- Only 32% of the country is really worried about global warming which is about the same percentage of people that were worried about global cooling back in the 1980s.
- If global warming is so bad and that it will eventually wipe out shore communities, why did Al Gore buy a California beach mansion a number of years ago?
- Al Gore predicted back in 2008 that the entire North Pole could be melted by 2013 but it is still there and has been growing in ice size over the past few years.
They are so bad that anyone who thinks that today’s global warming forecast models will do any better has just not been paying attention to the disaster that is climate forecasting. All of which raises a very valid question: if you have had grossly incorrect forecasts since day one, why should we believe your forecasts today will do any better job of predicting the future?
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: