- The Congressman allegedly and illegally paid both his wife and the church that he founded hundreds of thousands from his campaign funds since 2002.
- He also allegedly funneled campaign funds to other members of his family.
- $14 million of American taxpayer dollars were sent to a wellness center that was associated with a church he had founded in Chicago.
- Payments to his wife began in 2002 and in the 2010 election cycle she got $119,400 from her husband’s campaign accounts, she got $148,000 in 2012, and $66,000 in 2014.
- Since 2002, she has received $550,000 from her husband’s campaign’s funds.
- The church he founded received over $200,000 from his campaign funds and accounts.
- A nonprofit organization that Rush also created has received almost $600,000 of Federal taxpayer money.
- The Better Government Association, a watchdog group based in Illinois, found in 2013 that Rush and two of his non-profits failed to pay Federal, state, or local taxes on time and the actions dated back a decade in some circumstances.
- The Federal Election Commission is also looking into Rush’s finances.
- Americans' confidence in newspapers has hit an all time low, with only 20% of those surveyed saying they have confidence in them, down 10 points in the past 10 years.
- TV news also saw a 10 point drop in confidence in the past ten years, going from 31% to 21% in the latest survey.
- Obviously, trust in news vehicles like newspapers and TV news was not high to begin with but they are viewed as even less trustworthy than they were ten years ago.
- Banks took the largest hit in confidence over the past ten years, going from 49% to 27% in the past ten years, not surprising given the greedy and deceiving practices banks practiced in the lead up to the Great Recession.
- But the worst performer as far as institutions is Congress, going from a horrible confidence level of 19% ten years ago to an unbelievably and insanely low level of only 9% in the latest survey.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com