- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating healthcare costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high healthcare costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
- 49,000 customers of the Illinois Obama Care co-op are now without health insurance coverage.
- The Illinois co-op and the other failed 15 co-ops have cost the American taxpayer at least $1.7 billion so far.
- The Illinois co-op lost a whopping $90 million in 2015 and in an odd twist of irony and lunacy is suing the Federal government because of the Obama Care legislation, the same legislation that formed and funded the co-op in the first place.
- The article cites a Daily Caller article that showed the while co-op executives were raking in salaries that were often multiple times higher than the average health insurance executive salaries, many of these high paying co-op executives had little or no experience in the health insurance industry.
- 21 out of the 23 original Obama Care co-ops lost money in 2015, i.e. Illinois may not be the last one to go down in ruins.
- CoOportunity Health - Iowa and Nebraska: Cost: $145,312,100
- Louisiana Health Cooperative, Inc.: Cost: $65,790,660
- Nevada Health Cooperative: Cost: $65,925,396
- Health Republic Insurance of New York: Cost: $265,133,000
- Kentucky Health Care Cooperative - Kentucky and West Virginia: Cost: $146,494,772
- Community Health Alliance Mutual Insurance Company - Tennessee: Cost: $73,306,700
- Colorado HealthOp: Cost: $72,335,129
- Health Republic Insurance of Oregon: Cost: $60,648,505
- Consumers' Choice Health Insurance Company - South Carolina: Cost: $87,578,208
- Arches Mutual Insurance Company – Utah: Cost: $89,650,303
- Meritus Health Partners – Arizona: Cost: $93,313,233
- Consumers Mutual Insurance – Michigan: Cost: $71,534,300
- InHealth Mutual – Ohio: Cost: $129,225,604
- HealthyCT – Connecticut: Cost: $127,980,768
- Oregon Health’s CO-OP – Oregon: Cost: $56,656,900
- Land of Lincoln Health – Illinois: Cost: $160,154,812
- Annual average increases in health care spending will average a whopping 5.8%.
- This will be far higher than the expected annual rate of inflation and certainly higher than the expected growth in the overall economy which has never had a sustained growth rate anywhere close to 5.8%.
- Health care spending represents 17.5% of the economy today but will grow to 20.1% of the economy by 2025.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: