As we have dove into the whole issue of manmade global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control of our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
Thus, let’s see the latest facts and science that prove you can be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, regardless of what Al Gore proclaims:
1) Over the years in this series of “I am a global warming doubter and a believer in science” posts, we have cited, and discussed dozens, if not hundreds, of pieces of data, statistics, and research that show it is perfectly sane, rational, and quite possibly correct to be a global warming doubter. We have discussed and shown real data that proved that historical global warming forecasts by global warming advocates have been total rubbish from an accuracy perspective. We have discussed the reality that polar ice caps are expanding, not shrinking as predicted. That temperatures have been flat, not rising as predicted. That polar bear populations have been growing, not declining as predicted.
Any logical, sane person with a lick of common sense would at least have to pause and consider whether the global warming theory has at least a little few scientific chinks in its armor and maybe the reality is at least a little different than people like Al Gore or Barack Obama contend it is. But common sense and logic has never been a strong suit of those serving in Congress, a fact that was recently brought to light by a stunt that Senate Democrats recently pulled.
According to a July 11, 2016 article by Lachlan Markay, writing for the Washington Free Beacon, Senate Democrats were assigned specific global doubting groups to attack on the Senate floor during a recent session of the Senate. Rather than sit down and have an adult conversation about all of the doubts and fallacies and failures of global warming that we and many, many others in the scientific community have raised, they would rather do a witch hunt of Americans, who were simply exercising their First Amendment rights, from the floor of the Senate.
Nineteen Senate Democrats were told to verbally attack specific organizations that were assigned to them by a policy advisor to Senator Sheldon Whitehouse. Rather than protecting these individuals and organizations’ First Amendment rights, Whitehouse has always wanted to prosecute and persecute them under Federal racketeering laws for simply having a difference of opinion with him. It is a lame effort to try and lump global warming doubters with lead paint and smoking in order to give the Federal government obscene power to regulate scientific thinking.
The nineteen Senators and their First Amendment suppression specific targets include the following:
Sen. Reid – Americans for Prosperity, Nevada Policy Research Institute
Sen. Cardin – Annapolis Center for Science-Based Public Policy
Sen. Coons – Group TBD
Sen. Udall – Western Fuels Association
Sen. Kaine – Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy
Sen. Schumer – Mercatus Center (tent.)
Sen. Merkley – Cascade Policy Institute, Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine
Sen. Blumenthal –Americans for Prosperity, American Legislative Exchange Council
Sen. Whitehouse – The Advancement of Sound Science Center, Chamber of Commerce, Committee for Constructive, Franklin Center for Government and Policy Integrity, James Madison Institute, John Locke Foundation, Locke Institute
Sen. Boxer – Hoover Institution, Reason Foundation, Pacific Research Institute
Sen. Coons – Group TBD
Sen. Schatz – Center for Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, Heartland Institute
Sen. Franken – Heritage Foundation
Sen. Warren – Science and Public Policy Institute
Sen. Heinrich – American Legislative Exchange Council
Sen. Shaheen - Competitive Enterprise Institute, Energy and Environmental Legal Institute
Sen. Reed – SEC climate change disclosures and the dangers of climate change denial from a national security perspective
Sen. Markey – Acton Institute, George C. Marshall Institute, Lexington Institute, Global Climate Coalition
Sen. Peters – Cato Institute
Sen. Blumenthal – Americans for Prosperity, American Legislative Exchange Council
Sen. Whitehouse – The Advancement of Sound Science Center, Chamber of Commerce, Committee for Constructive Tomorrow, Franklin Center for Government and Policy Integrity, James Madison Institute, John Locke Foundation, Locke Institute
One would have thought that at least one of these nineteen Senators would step back and say, “Gee, there seems to be a lot of organizations and Americans who seem to be doubting that manmade global warming is a reality. Maybe I need to do a little research.” But no, they blindly do what they are told to do like robots, with no independent thinking and reasoning anywhere in sight.
But the absence of independent thinking and common sense has never been a major asset of most American politicians.
2) Let’s test the common sense of these nineteen Senators with a picture. David Kreutzer, writing for the Heritage Foundation on May 2, 2016, reviewed the story we have discussed many, many times, namely that the Earth has been very hot and very cold on a cyclical basis for hundreds of thousands of years. Many of those hundreds of thousands of years, mankind was either not around or made minimal use of carbon based energy and produced minimal amounts of incremental CO2.
His article recently contained a historical recreation of Earth’s temperature history using NOAA data (specifically, it comes from the National Climatic Data Center website):
As you can see, the chart covers 500,000 years of recreated temperature trends and cycles. Over that time, the Earth’s temperature has deviated by upwards of 15 degrees Celsius and in at least three periods it has been higher than it is today.
Which raises the obvious common sense question that each of these nineteen First Amendment hating Senators needs to answer: If there were normal, natural swings in temperatures for 499,950 years, during which the Earth’s temperatures were higher than they are today, why would anyone think that mankind was the main factor in the current and temporary upswing in temperatures and it is not the same, natural phenomena that had occurred for hundreds of thousands of years before the global warming craze was created?
Phrased another way, as it was in the article: “Now see if you can follow this: The “science thought police” insist that even though none of the temperature variations for the first 499,950 years had anything to do with human activity, virtually none of the temperature increases of the past 50 years had anything to do with nature. Got it?”
Makes you wonder how some people get elected to high office when common sense and simple logic constantly elude them. It would be pretty funny if the First Amendment was not at stake as a result of their irresponsible actions.
Just another day’s worth of discussion where we again show, using actual government data, that it is perfectly sane and rational to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, even if nineteen U.S. Senators are not. More global warming myth busting next month.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: