- The VA inspector general is investigating a European trip that VA Secretary David Shulkin recently took.
- His travels took him to London and Denmark and somehow tripped an investigation switch by the inspector general.
- The VA inspector general’s office was not saying at the time why they thought it necessary to start an investigation.
- But the Washington Post gave a potential insight to the investigation when they reported that Shulkin and his wife spent half of the trip's duration sightseeing and shopping.
- His activities with his wife apparently included the Wimbledon tennis tournament, a river cruise on the river Thames, and touring other locations.
- The Post did report that the Secretary took commercial flights do get over to Europe and sat in coach on at least one leg of his trip.
- According to Ms. Laila, Congressional members are investigating how and why members of the Obama administration illegally made public people’s names who were supporting Donald Trump in the run up to the Presidential Election in 2016.
- Susan Rice, a high ranking member of the Obama administration, recently admitted that she herself “unmasked” Trump associates to understand more about a meeting between an Arab crown Prince and senior Trump advisors.
- At the time, Rice was the National Security Advisor and should have know better than to unmask these people whose names accidentally came up during an investigation.
- Details of what is going on and why were put forth by quoting reporting from the Washington Free Beacon: “Congressional leaders and other insiders told the Washington Free Beacon that the investigation into the Obama administration’s unmasking campaign is gaining greater steam, even as the federal probe into alleged collusion with Russia drags on. “The misuse of intelligence information by members of the Obama administration is a serious issue that requires an exhaustive investigation and accountability,” Rep. Ron DeSantis (R., Fla.), chair of House Subcommittee on National Security, told the Free Beacon. The investigation into these unmasking efforts continues to focus on top Obama officials, particularly Power, who is said to have had little need to unmask such sensitive classified information from her perch at Turtle Bay. Rep. Sean Duffy (R. Wis.), another Republican member closely tracking the unmasking scandal, encouraged his congressional colleagues to move past the Russian probe in pursuit of the facts about Obama’s potentially illicit spy operation on Trump associates.”
- A Congressional official followed up with more details of the potentially illegal activity: “Congress is determined to follow the facts wherever they may lead us. And, ironically, the most damning revelations of the Russian investigation thus far incriminates the Obama administration,” said the official, who was not authorized to speak on record. “Susan Rice’s admission to widespread unmasking against Trump associates may just be the tip of the iceberg. We are going to get to the bottom of this.”
- And apparently it's not just a few Americans who were unmasked since it appears that former UN ambassador Samantha Powers unmasked hundreds of innocent Americans names during her tenure under Obama.
- Trump advisor, Jordan Sekulow, discusses how badly Powers abused her unmasking power: “Her number of requests are unprecedented in the history of UN Ambassadors who also have the position to unmask. No other UN Ambassador has ever even made half of the requests Power made in their ENTIRE CAREER, let alone a few months.”
- Senator Bernie Sanders has this pipe dream proposal that would call for the American taxpayer to pay for “free” college tuition at public universities in this country.
- He somehow thinks that this proposal will help the poorer kids in this country get a “free” education and lead to better lives for them.
- Given what happened in England when that country decided to give kids “free” college educations, it is difficult to imagine that Sanders knows what he is talking about.
- A recent study in England found that removing college tuition fees for students actually benefited wealthy families much more than poorer families, the target of Sanders’ concept of “free” education.
- It seems that back in the 1960s, England gave “free” college education to all its citizens who are fulltime students (but it was really not free, it just shifted the tuition cost burden to taxpayers).
- Not unexpectedly, this caused a huge increase in the number of kids going to college in England, after all, it was “free” so why not.
- But this huge increase started to financially burden the process and “after years of concerns about financial sustainability, England started to slowly introduce tuition fees in the late 1990s.”
- A research study into the history of this program found that when tuition fees were introduced, the number of poorer students enrolling in Eland’s colleges actually doubled between 1997 and 2015, which does not seem to make common sense since one would assume that by introducing fees, poorer families would be least likely to afford college.
- But the research actually found that this doubling of lower income students into college actually did make sense.
- Under the old rules where EVERYONE got “free” college, the higher education system started to crumble because of so many students, with the quality of the education eroding and the financial situation deteriorating.
- To stay fiscally viable, the government in 1994 capped the number of students allowed into the program to get a “free” college education.
- By capping and rationing the “free” education seats available to only the brightest, it was the wealthiest students who were most qualified, since they had the best high school education, to get into college and get access to the now limited “free” number of seats.
- Thus, not only did the wealthiest families get their kids “free” education because of this rationing, it was the poorer families and kids who actually had to pay for the ”free” education for the wealthier kids via higher taxes since there really is no such thing as “free” in this world.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: