- Americans worries about environmental issues such as pollution and extinct species is down across the board from last year’s poll.
- In fact, of all the green issues polled, Americans have the least concern about global warming.
- Last year 34% of Americans worried about global warming or climate change, this year only 32% worried about them.
- Despite all of Al Gore’s rants and other global warming hype, according to Gallup, Americans concerns about global warming is no higher than when Gallup first started asking the question in 1989.
Given previous science related discussions in this blog about the fallacy of global warming/climate change, and Americans having much bigger concerns than global warming according to Gallup, maybe the President and the Secretary of State should refocus on what is important to Americans and not what is important to lawyer and former politician Al Gore.
- Americans having a better sense of what is important to them vs. what Washington politicians think is most important for them.
- Politicians claiming they know what is best for us even if they have to bring their kids illnesses into the debate and leave science out.
- Another country goes over to the dark side of coal, making any sacrifices Americans make in the name of global warming is even less important.
I am still a global warming doubter and and a believer in science, even more so after today's review.