- The Federal government incorrectly gave out $7 billion to “ineligible recipients” of food assistance.
- Part of the fraud problem is that the USDA has for years violated a requirement known as the Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Act (IPERA), an act that requires government entities to conduct annual risk assessment of the operations of government programs that make “significant improper payments” of $10 million or more a year.
- The USDA has been in violation of that requirement for the past four years while also refusing to implement a more efficient identity verification program prior to authorizing payments.
- Two USDA programs account for the largest amount of the money that was wasted; food stamps, officially known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) together cost American taxpayers $16 billion in 2014. Of the almost $7 billion in fraudulent payments made by the USDA, those two programs accounted for $4.2 billion.
- Thus, an obscene 25% of the total budget for just these two programs were wasted by criminal and bureaucratic fraud.
- A separate audit conducted by the investigative arm of Congress, also found that the USDA needs to improve its verification process for program access.
- The Forensic Audits and Investigative Service director at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) found that both of USDA programs mentioned above have been designated as “high-error” by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) since nearly HALF of the households that received benefits were not eligible because their income exceeded eligibility guidelines.
- It spent over $800 billion to stimulate the economy.
- We are in the midst of a technology driven energy revolution that helped hold down energy costs while creating good paying jobs in the energy industry.
- The Fed printed up trillions of dollars and flooded the market with it as an economic stimulus.
Again, when it comes to politicians and government bureaucrats, at any level of government, “you can’t make this stuff up.” This ringmaster gig comes not too long she sat on stage during a Prince benefit concert in Baltimore, while still in the midst of the unrest in Baltimore. Unbelievable.
Our book, "Love My Country, Loathe My Government - Fifty First Steps To Restoring Our Freedom And Destroying The American Political Class" is now available at:
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com