To review past posts on this insanity and idiocy, just click on the first few posts in each month listed to the right of this page. After reviewing just a handful of these insanity posts we think you will agree that we are currently being served by the worst set of American politicians ever to hold office in our entire history.
So let’s get started with the latest insanity:
1) The Obama administration along with the President himself has made many gaffes when it comes to homeland security and containing terrorism. A little while ago, Obama claimed that ISIS was a “JV” terror organization, a terror organization that has grown into the most ruthless, violent, and wealthy terror organization of all time. Late last year he claimed that ISIS was contained just before ISIS launched the biggest attack on Paris since World War II. He then tried to reassure us during December that there were no credible or likely terror threats within the country when two Muslims, a husband and wife, shot up a business meeting in California under the flag of ISIS.
We’ve been told that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its Transportation Safety Agency (TSA) is protecting us on our own shores. But two days ago we reported how DHS and its employees had lost 1,300 security clearance badges along with a ton of DHS guns and cell phones. We have reported many times on how the TSA is likely one of the most inept Federal entities round, having recently failed to detect 95% of the fake weapons and bombs that passed through TSA screeners as a test of their readiness.
And now we have the latest homeland security screw up from the Obama administration and TSA. Writing for the Allen West website on January 25, 2016, Michele Hickford reported on a New York Daily News article that described how passengers arriving on an international flight from overseas were allowed out of the airport without going through Customs. As if this was not bad enough, this was the second time in recent months that this had reportedly happened.
Passengers on American Airlines Flight 1223 from Cancun, Mexico, you know, the country of the most violent drug cartels in the world, were allowed to walk out of the airport without having their bags or passports checked. And for this type of incompetence, we pay the DHS billions of dollars a year in tax dollars. Insanity.
2) I love writing about gross hypocrisy, especially when it involves politicians. Hillary Clinton and other Democrats and liberals, including Obama, have long been beating the dead horse of income inequality in this country. Despite the fact that these folks have rigged the political and government processes to make themselves rich far beyond their capabilities and contributions to society, they still go around, for their own selfish political purposes, telling Americans that they do not have enough money because the evil rich, the 1%, took it all. The hypocrisy is rich with these antics and these people.
And their hypocrisy apparently extends to their children. Last year, Chelsea Clinton, daughter of HIllary and Bill, wrote a book called, “It’s Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired & Get Going!” The book was written to inspire children to “change the world” by discussing the issue of poverty in the United States. Seems noble enough. But consider the book and its intent relative to Chelsea’s actual behavior regarding her recent family vacation:
- Chelsea and her family recently vacationed in the Turks and Caicos islands.
- Trust me, this is not like a long weekend at the Jersey shore.
- They stayed at the luxurious Amanyara hotel, which is supposed to be rated as one of the most expensive resorts in the world.
- The hotel reportedly costs $1,500 a night for the least expensive room during the off season up to $34,000 a night for a six bedroom villa.
- The hotel has features such as a personal chef, personal bar, private swimming pool, and private golf carts.
- With the median U.S.family income stagnating at around $53,000 a year, very few Americans are going to be able to stay at the Amanyara.
So please, the entire Clinton family, never, ever tell me about income inequality. You are rich beyond just about every Americans’ dreams, you are staying at the top rated, most expensive hotels in the world, and you got this way just because you knew how to manipulate the system that you created for you own personal wealth with giving minimal benefit back to society.
3) Many of us believe that the sole purpose of government is to protect the citizenry from harm. Given the limitations placed on government under the tenets of the Constitution, that was probably the original intent of the founders.
But somewhere over time, the American political class perverted this principle. It seems it became their duty to strip us of our wealth, protection, and in many cases dignity. This new viciousness was on display right after the recent heavy snowfall in the D.C. area. It is obviously the duty of the municipal government in D.C. to plow the streets as soon as possible to protect the safety of its citizens. Generating government revenue should have been the LAST priority on their minds during a blizzard crisis
But, alas, like most government entities and politicians, revenue and screwing citizens in the process was the mode of operation. Rather than focus on getting the blizzard’s snow off of the city streets, the government cracked down on illegally parked cars, even cars that were stuck in large drifts because the city had not plowed the streets.
Within just a few days of the blizzard, with many roads still unplowed, the city had issued over a million dollars in tickets and had towed 656 cars. Those people that had their cars towed face a $250 ticket, $100 for the tow charges, and a $25 a day fee for storage of their vehicles. The mayor went public and insisted that cars not parked within 12 inches of the curb were subject to a ticket or tow….even if the city had not fulfilled its tax funded obligations to plow out the city.
So. if anyone from the government ever tells you they are here to help you, make sure you are parked within 12 inches of the curb...and hold onto your wallet.
4) Jonah Bennett, writing for the Daily Caller News Foundation on January 26, 2016, wrote about another embarrassment for the U.S. Navy. Recall a few weeks ago we discussed the embarrassment of a brand new, high tech, very expensive ship, the Milwaukee, having to be towed into port from 40 miles out at sea, because someone screwed up the oil in the engine.
The latest embarrassment is just as stupid. The USS Fort Worth suffered severe gear damage while in Singapore when the crew failed to use enough lube oil in the engine. The ship is now stuck in Singapore, out of commission, because some sailors did not follow procedure when it came to putting oil in an engine.
Two things come to mind. American taxpayers entrust the Pentagon with over $600 billion a year and they cannot even figure out how to put oil in a ship that likely took billions of dollars to develop and build. And second, want to bet no one anywhere gets fired, demoted, prosecuted for such ineptness since no government employee ever gets fired, demoted, or prosecuted for ineptness.
5) One reason why this blog is often so easy to write is because current politicians keep opening their mouths and idiocy comes out. The latest episode in this trend comes from U.S. Senator Barbara Mikulski of Maryland. However, before we get into her silliness, let’s review a few realities.
In a blog post from last October,
we discussed a university study of gun violence that was done by researchers from the University of Chicago and Duke University. Their intent was to try and quantify how criminals got access to their guns:
The study went on to quantify that only 2 out of the 70 primary guns, or 3%, were reported as being purchased from a gun store. NONE of the criminals in the study, NONE, got their weapons from a gun show. The Chicago Sun-Times quoted Harold Pollack, co-director of the crime lab that did the study: “In a survey of almost 100 detainees in the Cook County Jail, few said they get firearms at gun shows or through the Internet. They also said they don’t normally steal guns or buy them at a licensed store.”
In other words, criminals, being criminals, do not get their weapons via legal means. Which is logical because if they did get their weapons legally, those weapons would be much more easily traced if used in a crime. Simple, common sense.
But often simple, common sense is not a trait of an existing politician. Which brings us back to the good Senator Mikulski. She recently publicly declared that the escalating gun violence in the major city in her state, Baltimore, was at least somewhat due to the so-called “gun show loophole.” She also claimed that this violence was because of Congress’ refusal to pass gun control including its refusal to “close the gun show loophole” and “improve background checks for gun purchasers.”
This idiocy hits two disconnects from reality:
- The university study cited above showed that a very low number of guns, and possibly no guns, used by criminals were obtained at gun shows.
- Does she really think that criminals would subject themselves to any kind of background checks prior to committing a gun crime?
The Baltimore Sun reported that there were 344 homicides in Baltimore last year. The Senator did not indicate if she knew how many of those homicide victims were killed with guns obtained at gun shows.
That will do it for today’s insanity. A Senator who is totally out of touch with reality when it comes to criminals’ use of guns, a Navy that spends billions on building ships and then runs short of a few cans of oil to put in them, a government that uses a life threatening blizzard to get money, Clinton family hypocrisy on income inequality, and another major TSA and DHS failure. Some days you cannot make up the lunacy of the American political class. More insanity tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com