In my life belief that anyone that is that loud and that obnoxious is hiding something, that rather than argue facts and reality it is better to beat down and insult anyone who disagrees.
As we have dove into the whole issue of man made global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control on our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
Thus, let’s see the latest facts and science that prove you can be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, regardless of what Al Gore proclaims, in our last post for this month under the theme that “I am a global warming doubter and a believer in science”:
1) Apparently, back in 1974 the Central Intelligence Agency issued a report that predicted that the Earth’s “climate is returning to that of the neo-boreal era… an era of drought, famine, and political unrest in the western world.” And what would cause these crises? The report went on to blame global COOLING for famines in the Soviet Union, droughts in South America, and flooding across the U.S.
Fast forward ahead 41 years and you have the President of the United States in Paris calling for a global effort to combat global WARMING. If we fast forward 41 years ahead will we be back to the global cooling scenarios? Just another example to prove that saying the “science is settled” is baloney.
2) While in Paris at the climate conference the President went on to push for a climate deal that would be an “act of defiance” against terrorism. Right, fix climate change and those Islamic crazies in ISIS will immediately start acting like rational human beings and lay down their arms, stop enslaving women and children, stop slaughtering Christians and Jews, and stop tossing homosexuals off tall buildings. It is that simple. Again, more baloney from the global warming advocate side.
3) The MRCTV website recently discussed another opinion poll that shows that Americans have far bigger and more important concerns than the potential issue of man made global warming and climate change. Dan Joseph wrote about a new Fox News poll:
- When asked what they consider the top issue facing us today, 24% of respondents made terrorism the top issue in their minds.
- This was up from 11% the last time Fox conducted the poll.
- 21% said the economy was the top issue in their minds.
- Only 3% said that climate change was the most important issue facing the country today, a measly three out of a hundred.
- This was consistent with another poll we recently cited that showed at least sixteen issues being viewed as more important than climate change.
3) We have talked about the following comedy of errors before but we have a new set of characters to discuss now. According to a recent Heritage Foundation article, while at the Paris climate conference Obama stated that: “there is such a thing as being too late. And when it comes to climate change, that hour is almost upon us.” But we have apparently almost been “too late” before:
- In 2011, Rev. Dr. Olav Fykse Tveit, the World Council of Churches general secretary, designated the UN’s UNFCCC COP17 the “last opportunity for the international community to be responsible in addressing climate change.”
- At the 2009 United Nations global warming conference in Copenhagen, former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown claimed that, “If we do not reach a deal at this time, let us be in no doubt: once the damage from unchecked emissions growth is done, no retrospective global agreement in some future period can undo that choice. By then it will be irretrievably too late.”
- At that same conference, Stavros Dimas, European Union environment minister, warned that “Copenhagen [is] the world’s last chance to stop climate change before it passes the point of no return.”
- In 2007, Philip Clapp, head of the Washington-based National Environment Trust, said that 2007 was critical to reduce greenhouse gas emissions: “The scientists are telling us that this is the world’s last shot at avoiding the worst consequences of global warming.”
4) The Personal Liberty website back in late November, 2015 discussed another real scientist that had his doubts about global warming. At a Texas climate conference in late 2015, Princeton physicist Dr. Will Harper said political policies that upend the energy sector to achieve the stated goal of reducing CO2 levels are simply “nonsense:” “Policies to slow CO2 emissions are really based on nonsense. We are being led down a false path. To call carbon dioxide a ‘pollutant’ is really Orwellian. You are calling something a pollutant that we all produce. Where does that lead us eventually? Coal, formed from ancient CO2, is a benefit to the world. Coal is CO2 from ancient atmospheres. We are simply returning CO2 to the atmosphere from which it came when you burn coal. And it’s a good thing, since it is at very low levels in the atmosphere. We are in a CO2 famine. It is very, very low.”
I do not know if Dr. Harper is correct in this matter. But I am pretty sure he has more credibility and education than Al Gore and Barack Obama have in this area and thus, I would bet that the good Dr. is more accurate than the politicians mentioned in this sentence.
5) Brittany M. Hughes, writing for the MRCTV website on November 24, 2015, also dug up some historical publications that reviewed how scientists and “experts” of their time were convinced that based on science, global cooling was inevitable:
- In a New York Times article from January 30, 1961, the first sentence read as follows: “After a week of discussions on the causes of climate change, an assembly of specialists from several continents seems to have reached unanimous agreement on only one point: it is getting colder.”
- The title of that article was: “Scientists Agree World Is Colder.”
- In that article, scientists from around the world blamed numerous factors for the forecasted global cooling including including the “shape of the Earth’s orbit around the sun,” “the tilt of the earth’s axis,” the solstices, the sun, “changes in transparency of the atmosphere,” dust spewed from volcanic eruptions, industrial smoke blocking sunlight, and the presence of too much or not enough ice in the Arctic.
- The Ukiah Daily Journal (not quite the New York Times in prestige and reputation but still a historical perspective), in a November, 1974 article, wrote that the U.S. and the Soviet Union were thinking about damming up the Bering Strait in an effort to deliberately warm the Earth’s temperature and avoid a catastrophic ice age.
- The article claimed that the earth was facing an ice age that could last anywhere from 200 to 10,000 years, and result in “rivers of solid ice again as far south as Yosemite in California and Cincinnati, Ohio.”
- The article also claimed that period scientists had developed about 60 theories to explain the cooling phenomenon.
- One proposed solution was that a man made space heater device needed to be deployed in order to “convert the American southwestern deserts into verdant green valleys” and “stave off worldwide famine.”
That will do it for today’s and this month’s global warming update. Over and over we prove that it is completely logical, sane, and rational to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science. We have also proven over and over that climate forecasting models are almost always totally incorrect, the claims of global warming advocates are almost always a fallacy (e. g., the demise of the polar bear population), and for sure, the science is not settled. Too many real scientists have shown that doubting the global warming theory is really good science. More next month.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com