To review past posts on this insanity and idiocy, just click on the first few posts in each month listed to the right of this page. After reviewing just a handful of these insanity posts we think you will agree that we are currently being served by the worst set of American politicians ever to hold office in our entire history.
So let’s get started with the latest insanity:
1) The following discussion is not new insanity as much as a review of the insanity of lies from the first seven years of the Obama administration. We have reviewed just about every of the following lies listed under the Obama administration but it is nice and convenient to see most of the lies, deceptions, and failures in one list.
For a look at the most recent writings we did on the failures of this Presidency, go to:
Starting on that day and the subsequent days to that post, you will find a total compilation of the lies, failures, embarrassments, and law breaking of the Obama administration. Today, we provide a short summary of those Presidential disasters in the context of other Presidential lies from other Presidents, most of which come from to us courtesy of Point News with some additions by myself:
Famous Presidential Lies Contest
Written by To The Point News
LBJ: None of our boys will die on foreign soil.
Nixon: I am not a crook.
GHW Bush: Read my lips - No New Taxes.
Clinton: I did not have sex with that woman... Miss Lewinski.
GW Bush: Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.
- I will have the most transparent administration in history.
- The stimulus will fund shovel-ready jobs.
- I am focused like a laser on creating jobs.
- If my economic stimulus plan is enacted, unemployment will not exceed 8%.
- The IRS is not targeting anyone.
- Only those in the Cininnati office of the IRS were targeting.
- Benghazi was a spontaneous riot about a video, not a pre-planned terrorist attack.
- I will put an end to the type of politics that "breeds division, conflict and cynicism".
- You didn't build that!
- I will restore trust in Government.
- The Cambridge cops acted stupidly.
- The public will have 5 days to look at every bill that lands on my desk.
- It's not my red line - it is the world's red line.
- Whistle blowers will be protected in my administration.
- We got back every dime we used to rescue the banks and auto companies, with interest.
- I am not spying on American citizens.
- Obama Care will be good for America.
- The Obama Care negotiations will be broadcast on C-SPAN for the country to see.
- You can keep your family doctor under Obama Care.
- You can keep your current hospital under Obama Care.
- Annual family health care insurance premiums will be lowered up to $2500 under Obama Care.
- If you like it, you can keep your current healthcare plan under Obama Care.
- Getting an Obama Care insurance policy will be as simple as shopping at Amazon.
- I knew nothing about "Fast and Furious" gunrunning to Mexican drug cartels.
- I knew nothing about IRS targeting conservative groups.
- I knew nothing about what happened in Benghazi.
- I have never known my uncle from Kenya who is in the country illegally and that was arrested and told to leave the country over 20 years ago.
- And, I have never lived with that uncle. He finally admitted (12-05-2013) that he DID know his uncle and that he DID live with him.
- If elected I promise not to renew the Patriot Act.
- If elected I will end the war in Iraq and Afghanistan within the 1st 9 months of my term.
- I will close Guantanamo within the first 6 months of my term.
- I will bridge the gap between black and white and between America and other countries.
- I will go through the Federal budget line by line to weed out wasteful spending.
- If elected President, I will devote every waking moment to serving America and not take vacations or any leisure time for myself.
- I will cut the Federal deficit in by the end of my first term.
- I will follow the Constitution and not issue a lot of executive orders like my predecessor did.
"I, Barrack Hussein Obama, pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America."
Was ever such insanely and useless bill of goods ever sold to the American public?
2) One of the truisms about America over the centuries was that, in general, every generation of Americans enjoyed a higher standard of living than their parents. The freedom and liberties enjoyed by Americans over time allowed them, the country and its economy to reach its full potential, increasing the economic lot and lifestyles of the majority of Americans. This was called the “American Dream” and for most people over time in this country, and the people from around the world that wanted to come here, it was the reality.
Unfortunately, Sam Rolley, writing for the Personal Liberty website on January 18, 2016, told us how “Broke Millennials Are Giving Up On The American Dream:”
- According to a New York Times report in 2015, the U.S. millennial population, those born between 1981 and 1997, will soon be the largest population sub-segment in the country, bypassing the Baby Boomer generation.
- But this new super segment of population will be far worse off economically than the Baby Boomer segment since according to a report from the Generation Opportunity organization, “2016 State of the Millennial Report,” high unemployment and underemployment coupled with high student loans will make the American Dream a myth for many of them.
- In fact, 48% of those surveyed currently claim that the American Dream is already dead for them.
- The millennial unemployment rate of 8% is more than twice the unemployment rate for workers aged 30 and older which stands at 3.7%.
- Already 1.8 million millennials have actually stopped looking for work out of frustration, putting their labor participation rate at 71%, lower than it has ever been for that age group.
- From the report: “For the young adults who have been able to find work, 40 percent are underemployed, either working part-time jobs, contract jobs, or one-time gigs. While Millennials have a strong desire to start businesses, only 3.6 percent of Americans under the age of 30 own or have a stake in a private businesses compared to 10.6 percent in 1989.”
- The number of Americans aged 18 to 29 who currently are earning less than $25,000 a year is higher than in the 1990s.
- The student loan burden in the face of low wages and high unemployment averages about $35,000 per person.
- In 1979, 8% of Baby Boomers were living in poverty while in 2013, years after the recession ended, the percentage of Millennials living in poverty was double that rate, 16%.
- These horrid economic conditions are causing societal changes with marriage, home ownership, and raising kids being delayed and delayed.
For well over two hundred years, the American Dream was alive and well and thriving. But now incompetence, economic ignorance, over regulation (especially during the Obama regime), ever increasing taxes, crony capitalism, and general ineptness and selfishness on behalf of our current crop of politicians is somehow doing the impossible: killing the American Dream and the futures of America’s next generation. Insanity.
3) During the destruction of the American Dream for Millennials, Harry Reid was not only a senior member of the Senate but was the Senate Majority leader for a long time. Thus, if anyone can be blamed for the policies and incompetence of the Federal government and the politicians that operate it and its policies, he has to be close to the head of the class.
But you have to give Harry credit. Despite being part of the problem, according to one Federal Election Commission (FEC) commissioner, Reid has asked the FEC to allow him to use a “slush fund” to help him retire. According to Joe Schaeffer writing for NewsMax on January 4, 2016, Reid has asked the FEC to create a special exemption just for him that would allow him to spend $600,000 of unspent camping and PAC funds on personal matters after he retires from the Senate at the end of his current term.
According to the Washington Examiner, FEC Commissioner Lee E. Goodman labeled the funds an "administrative slush fund" as the extraordinary request was made. Reid wants to use the so-called slush fund "to close out his offices and aid his shift to becoming a former public official still intent on influencing the nation's agenda." He also wants money to hire a personal assistant to "schedule and organize appearances in which Senator Reid will discuss his tenure in office." I am assuming that he would be paid for those appearances.
FEC Commissioner Goodman told the Washington Examiner that "This issue of personal use vexes us." In other words, what the heck is this nonsense? I would bet that most, if not all, of the people who contributed to Reid’s political campaigns never expected the excess to be used in a slush fund to further enrich Reid once he left office.
Thus, even in retirement, American politicians continue to suck money out of their government service. As always, their priorities are their well being and self enrichment and not the health and liberties of the American they are supposed to serve.
Enough insanity for today. A typical greedy politician, needy millennials, and a comprehensive list of Obama lies all in one place. Another insanity review tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com