To review past posts on this insanity and idiocy, just click on the first few posts in each month listed to the right of this page. After reviewing just a handful of these insanity posts we think you will agree that we are currently being served by the worst set of American politicians ever to hold office in our entire history.
So let’s get started with the latest insanity:
1) We often have a debate during these insanity reviews trying to figure out what is the most incompetent Federal government entity. Is it the Veterans Administration that despite Congressional and public scrutiny still does a horrid job at serving our veterans? Is it the IRS that somehow fails to collect untold hundreds of billions of dollars a year from tax evaders and pays out billions of dollars a year to criminals? Is it the Department of Homeland Security whose TSA organization failed to detect fake bombs and weapons passing through airport security 95% of the time?
The candidates for ineptness are wide but this month the award for incompetence probably goes to the the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the organization tasked with protecting us from terrorists. DHS inventory reports obtained by the news website, Complete Colorado, via a Freedom of Information Act request, found that hundreds of DHS security badges, credentials, cell phones, and guns have been lost or stolen in recent years from DHS employees. Obviously, this raises very serious security issues if these items fell into terrorists’ hands.
The reports show that between 2012 and 2015, a 31 month period, DHS employees somehow managed to lose or have stolen over 1,300 DHS badges, 165 guns, and 589 cell phones. This comes out to roughly 40 badges a month, 5 guns a month, and almost 20 cell phones a month. Tom Miller, a retired Secret Service special agent told FoxNews.com: “It’s scary that you’d have that number of credentials out there that someone could manipulate.” Miller went on to say that the badges and credentials could allow access to high security areas at airports.
The DHS did not deny that the reports were accurate when contacted by Complete Colorado but did tell FoxNews.com that they were working to improve their procedures when DHS assets are stolen. But the fact that the thefts were going on for at least 31 months does not give one a warm feeling that the DHS was on top of the problem.
2) One does not have to be an immigration expert to know that the Obama administration has done a horrible job of securing our borders. Last summer thousands and thousands of Central and South American kids stormed our borders. Every week or so it seems like Border Patrol officers are apprehending young males from Middle Eastern countries trying to sneak into the country. The flow of drugs continues unimpeded with recent reports saying that the cartels are now using drones to transport illegal drugs literally “over the border.” The story of “rape trees” has emerged, which are trees that are used to display the undergarments of women who were sexually assaulted by human traffickers as the women tried to sneak into the country. Illegal immigrants are involved in almost daily reported violent crimes across the country, e.g. the Kate Steinle murder.
Anyone with a lick of common sense and who reads the papers or news reports knows that the border is far from secure. Which has not stopped a Texas Congresswoman from denying this reality. Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee recently proclaimed that Obama had already fixed the border: “The president has spent $108 billion on border security, and we have been successful,” Jackson Lee said in a recent Homeland Security committee meeting. “Oh we’ve had our moments, but we have been successful.”
Huh? Widespread rape, drug running, human smuggling, etc. and this is viewed as a success? At a cost of $108 billion? Note: I question where she got the $108 billion estimate from but if it is correct, we certainly did not get our money’s worth. But we should not be surprised since this is the same multi-term Congresswoman who wondered out loud if a Mars rover would be driving near the spot where Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, who thought the Constitution was 400 years old, who thinks there are still two Vietnams, and who wanted Congress to formally honor Michael Jackson for being a “global humanitarian.”
Did I mention that she is a multi-term member of Congress? Insanity.
3) Continuing on the illegal immigration line from the previous point, The Eagle Rising website recently ran a news article that described how a Texas city councilman was caught smuggling illegal immigrants into the country. Yes, an elected political official has gotten into the act of human trafficking.
Crystal City, Texas councilman Marco Rodiguez was pulled over by a Border Patrol agent and after a brief discussion allegedly tried to run away. He was eventually taken into custody along with three illegal immigrants he had with him. In the eventual criminal complaint filed on the incident, Rodriguez admitted to being hired to transport the three illegal immigrants.
He also reportedly told a Federal agent involved with the case that on two other occasions he had also transported illegal immigrants to San Antonio. He told authorities that he had been paid a total of $1,900 for these two previous endeavors.
To put a cherry on top of this whole sordid affair, the vehicle that Rodiguez was driving when caught was a stolen truck.
Now, the good councilman is innocent until proven guilty but it seems he has already confessed to a number of immigration crimes. Tough to respect these types of people in public office who continually act as if the laws of this country do not apply to them, from the White House to Congress to Crystal City, Texas. Does not sound like this councilman got the memo from the Congresswoman that the immigration problem has been resolved successfully.
4) Onan Coca, writing for the Eagle Rising website on January 28, 2016, reported how someone named Ali Muhammad Brown was recently given a 36 year prison sentence after being found guilty of armed robbery in New Jersey. He has also been accused of committing four murders to protest the U.S.’s foreign policy and being involved in terrorism.
What is even worse than these brutal crimes is the reality that Brown was on a Federal government terror watch list. If the government and the political class that operate it already are suspicious about a person but that person still goes on to kill four Americans, how is that government and political class going to protect us when the Obama administration allows thousands of unvetted Middle East refugees into the country? The FBI and Department of Homeland Security are already on record of saying they cannot possibly totally screen out violent refugees and this case just proves them right.
5) Liberals and Democrats in Washington’s political class are always trying to divide and conquer America along different dimensions but their most popular, and tired tactics, involved trying to divide Americans by income level, their so-called income inequality approach. But Paul Bedard, writing for the Washington Examiner on January 25, 2016, showed the high level of hypocrisy of these politicians:
- According to research done by the Corporation for Enterprise Development, Washington D.C., the locale of these politicians harping about income inequality, has the worst ratio of income equality in the entire nation.
- The ever growing size of the Federal government and its high priced employees, give the city the highest annual wage level in the country at $72,963, more than 40% higher than the overall national annual wage level.
- The research found that the richest 20% of people living in Washington D.C. make 7.3 times more money than the poorest 20%.
- The top 20% average $161,348 while the poorest 20% earn only $22,185.
- Adding insult to injury, D.C. has the highest unemployment rate according to the research....and you can bet it is not the highest 20% of earners that are unemployed.
In addition, while Washington liberals and Democrats are trying to force flawed Common Core education standards on the rest of the country, D.C. reading proficiency ranks at the bottom in the country. "The District's 8th-grade math and reading proficiency rates (19.1 percent and 18.6 percent, respectively) are the worst in the nation." said the report.
Insanely hypocritical and pathetic. Telling us how to behave when the capital of the country is setting a terrible example of income inequality, suppressing the success of minority residents, and running inept schools and education processes.
That will do it for this month’s initial political class insanity. Hypocrisy in Washington, incompetence at the DHS, and political immigration embarrassments. More insanity tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com