To review past posts on this insanity and idiocy, just click on the first few posts in each month listed to the right of this page. After reviewing just a handful of these insanity posts we think you will agree that we are currently being served by the worst set of American politicians ever to hold office in our entire history.
So let’s get started with the latest insanity:
1) Our history, our people, our Constitution, and our freedoms allowed the United States to build the most powerful and largest economy in the history of the world. It created living standards for its citizens that have never come close to being matched. But the ineptness of America’s political class is threatening to destroy that capability that for so long left every American generation in better financial shape than its previous ones.
One measure of how well the country is doing economically is an index created annually by the Heritage Foundation, its 2016 Index Of Economic Freedom. This measure rank orders how free each country’s economic structure is with the assumption being that the freer an economic structure is the better it is at creating economic benefits.
According to their 2016 analysis, America’s economic freedom continues to drop like a rock. It has dropped in eight of the past nine years and is now tied with its worst score ever. Details of this fall include:
- The U.S. has fallen from the sixth freest economy in the world when Obama took office to 11th place in 2016.
- Possible reasons for this fall could be any of the following American political class actions:
- Government spending has exploded, amounting to $29,867 per household in 2015.
- The national debt has risen to $125,000 for every tax-filing household in America, total over $19 trillion.
- Obama Care is raising prices, disrupting markets, over regulating a major industry in this country and adding massive amounts of debt to the national debt.
- Bailouts and a massive number of new government regulations have increased uncertainty, stifling investment, and job creation.
- The U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the developed world which drives any investment to other countries where jobs are created there and not domestically.
- The annual cost of meeting governments’ regulatory requirements has increased by over $80 billion a year, meaning there is less wealth to pay workers and invest in new or expanding businesses.
- The World Bank ranks the U.S. as 49th relative to the ease of starting a new business, trailing such lesser economies as Lithuania, Malaysia, and Georgia in this area.
As a result of this lessening economic freedom and growing intervention of the government and political class into our lives and our businesses, we currently:
- Have 45 million people receiving Federal food assistance every month.
- Have over 14 million people who are either unemployed or underemployed because they cannot find a full time job.
- Have household wages and earnings that have stagnated since Obama took office.
- Have a labor participation rate that borders on the all time low, comparable to the stagflation years of the Carter administration.
- The Wall Street Journal recently correctly observed that Obama is “a champion when it comes to limiting economic freedom, and American workers have the slow growth in jobs and wages to prove it.”
2) One way to get government and our politicians out of our lives would be to reduce the size of government. As more and more people go to work for government, more and more realize that there is not enough work to go around for all of them so they start creating work to justify their existence. They create more regulations, more laws, and more taxes and fees that reduce our political, personal choice, and economic freedom.
An insane way to reduce the size of government was recently discussed in an article on the Federalist Papers website, an article that was written by Robert Gehl. A recent survey of Federal employees by GovExec.com found that 25% of Federal employees said that they would consider leaving their government jobs if Donald Trump was elected President. 14% of those surveyed said they would definitely leave their jobs and 11% said they would consider leaving their Federal jobs.
According to Mr. Gehl’s article, this would wipe out about 700,000 Federal employees and save the American taxpayer $65 billion every year. In theory, this would put over $600 into every household budget across the country, certainly a better use of the money than leaving it with the Federal bureaucracy. And I would bet that the average American would not be adversely affected if those 700,000 Federal employees simply vanished.
This alone might be a reason to vote for Trump, it would do more to reduce the size of government and the runaway growth of the national debt than anything else any previous, current or future elected official would do. I think that this survey shows that even current Federal employees know that many of their jobs are worth nothing when it comes to advancing the the welfare of Americans and would get out be of their government jobs before Trump would fire them.
3) We have always maintained that in a free country the role of government in citizens’ lives should be very limited in order to maximize individual liberty. But one of the few valid functions of even a limited government is to provide for the unbiased safety and protection of citizens. Since we pay such a heavy load of our earnings and wealth for this protection, with the annual Tax Freedom Day usually more than three months into the year, one would hope that the protection we pay to the political class would be impeccable.
And as with most hope when it comes to the political class, that hope would be wrong, at least in Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Police Protective League, the labor union of the LA police department (LAPD) recently warned LA citizens that had better “be able to protect themselves” since long police response times might noit be quick enough to protect their lives and property. They blamed the long response times because they believe the LAPD is understaffed.
As an example, the League cited the West LA area where it claims there are only three police cars assigned to cover the 65 square miles of the area which contains 200,000 citizens. The League contends there should be seven cars on duty for West LA. League President Jamie McBride recently told the local LA CBS TV station that: “The citizens need to know they need to be able to protect themselves because if they call 911, we can’t guarantee we’re going to get there in time to help you…West Los Angeles, at the minimum, should have seven patrol units, two-man units working.”
But this is not the first California city to tell their residents in one form or another to find ways to protect themselves since the local government could no longer fulfill that minimal but essential function of government. Several years ago in San Bernardino, city attorney Jim Penman publicly stated in a city council meeting that residents will need to “lock their doors and load their guns” since city government budget cuts would reduce police protection. He also told the Los Angeles CBS TV station: “Let’s be honest, we don’t have enough police officers. We have too many criminals living in this city. We have had 45 murders this year…that’s far too high for a city of this size.”
Unfortunately, the recent terrors attack in San Bernardino showed how correct Mr. Penman’s advice was.
So here is where we are today, at least in two major California cities. A legitimate function of government and the politicians that operate it is protect the physical well being of its citizens. For that protection, we pay high and onerous taxes. And now it appears that even that minimal government function cannot be fulfilled, i.e. protecting the lives and property of citizens. Insane.
4) Let’s finish up today’s insanity with a short video from the website,
We have often pointed out the many lies of Barack Obama, a few of the bigger whopper including:
- If you like your current doctor/hospital/insurance policy you can keep them under Obama Care’s regulations.
- Obama Care will reduce every American family’s annual health insurance cost by up to $2,500 a year.
- The Benghazi incident was caused by a video.
- He would go through the Federal budget line by line to reduce unnecessary government spending.
- He would devote every waking moment of his life to serving the country as President, foregoing vacations and family time to do so.
- He could reduce the annual government spending deficit by half by the end of his first term.
- He would have our military out of Afghanistan by 2014.
But it appears that we may be in store for more of the same of Hillary Clinton replaces him in the White House. The link below contains just a short compilation of some of HER lies that have been videotaped over the years. The video touches on such topics as:
- In a trip to Bosnia, her party came under sniper fire. It did not.
- She was against gay marriage. Now she supports gay marriage.
- Her grandparents were immigrants to this country. Only one of them were immigrants.
- She only used her private email server in her house for private emails such as sending emails to her husband. Bill Clinton claimed that he has used email only two times in his entire life.
- She was against the passage of the NAFTA free trade treaty. Back when the treaty was passed, she supported NAFTA.
Okay, what insanity did we learn today:
- Hillary lies.
- Despite high taxes, government and the politicians that operate it cannot protect our families, and our property.
- The election of Donald Trump might be the quickest way to get rid of excess Federal government employees and the related expenses.
- Our economic freedom is in a tailspin and as a result, our economic well being and economic opportunities might be sinking with it.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com