Unfortunately when kids say silly or dumb things, it is funny. When politicians say silly or dumb things, there are usually serious ramifications across the land that often involve stupid laws, wasteful spending, self delusion of a politician’s intelligence or abilities, or a continued lack of faith that today’s politicians are smart enough to get anything right.
So let’s take a look at the latest darndest things that American politicians are saying today:
1) While yesterday we focused on politicians saying inane, stupid, and ignorant things, we will diversify a little now and look at Democratic and liberal types and some of the hatred they spew forth with quotes that betray their inane claim that they are the tolerant ones in our society. Let’s start with a tweet/quote from Journalist Julia Ioffe who tweeted that Donald Trump is either “F***ing his daughter" or “shirking our nepotism laws.”
Ioffe is not some unknown blogger of minimal fame. At the time she was a contributing writer at Politico and an contributor to Foreign Policy. But she is a perfect example of why broad swaths of Americans no longer trust the profession of journalism anymore, not when such pettiness, hatred and immaturity has become more and more of the trademark of journalists today.
2) Let’s stay with journalism for our next quote, one that also shows how far integrity has been diminished in the journalism profession. MSNBC TV Morning Joe co-host Mika Brezinski, actually had the gall to be honest and for that she almost lost her job. Consider her quote and experience when she dared to mess with the American political class: “Listen, when I was concerned the campaign was not understanding that perhaps there was some arrogance, that they need to get off their high horse and understand that this wasn’t over. I’ll just say it; NBC received a call from the campaign. Like I had done something that was journalistically inappropriate and needed to be pulled off the air. I mean, think about that. That’s just shooting the wrong messenger.”
Reporting the truth almost cost her her job. And it was not like what she did was wrong, vicious, or mean spirited. In fact, she was actually trying to help a political side, a sure breach of journalistic integrity. And yet, she was still threatened by daring to speak out.
3) More media and journalism garbage. David Leavitt, an actual CBS employee and reporter, recently tweeted that “Trump died sleeping,” an obvious fabrication. More hateful intolerance from a member of the media, hoping for the death of another human being who happens to not be on the same political side as himself. Not only do politicians say the darndest things but so do so-called journalists who are really disgraces to their profession.
4) Barack Obama : “Part of it is Fox News in every bar and restaurant in big chunks of the country, but part of it is also Democrats not working at a grassroots level, being in there, showing up, making arguments. That part of the critique of the Democratic Party is accurate. We spend a lot of time focused on international policy and national policy and less time being on the ground. And when we’re on the ground, we do well.”
Let’s be clear, the Democrats got their butts kicked in November. They lost the Presidency, they no longer control either part of Congress, they lost state government seats across the country, and much of Obama’s sad legacy may get erased. And rather than self examine and honestly assess what they may have done wrong, how they misjudged the mood and anger of the country, where their tactics failed, Obama prefers to obsess about Fox News. How pathetic and petty and dishonest with himself.
5) Michelle Obama: “Because we feel the difference now, See, now, we’re feeling what not having hope feels like.”
Comment: So it seems that Michelle is bummed out that Trump got elected, so much so that she is trying to convince herself that Americans have lost hope even though over 60 million Americans voted for Trump. As with most political comments, this one is done either out of ignorance or is an outright lie since the latest iteration of the Consumer Confidence Index shows that it has hit its highest level since 2001.
The Conference Board’s latest results are summarized by Lynn Franco, director of economic indicators at the Board: “The post-election surge in optimism for the economy, jobs and income prospects, as well as for stock prices which reached a 13-year high, was most pronounced among older consumers.”
And others have come to the same conclusion: “The election of Donald Trump has raised household expectations for the economy to a very high level,” said Stephen Stanley, chief economist at Amherst Pierpont Securities. “It remains to be seen whether Trump can deliver, but the ground would certainly appear to be ripe for a pickup in consumer spending based on these confidence data.”
Surge in optimism, raised household expectations, ripe for a pickup in consumer spending. Sorry Michelle, does not look like you quite have the pulse of the American public, there is hope, there is confidence, and you missed the boat on this surge in hope across the country.
Hate, intolerance, and the misreading of America, sounds about right for the American political class and the dishonest and second rate journalists that support them.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: