Not unexpectedly, the review across those seven posts captured the myriad of failures of this Presidency. Diplomatically, economically, fiscally, militarily, legally, Constitutionally, integrity-wise,and in many other ways, in my opinion, this has been the worst Presidency of my lifetime. If you are a liberal, please read the posts, all of which are extensively sourced, before going off the deep end without thinking. This Presidency has stunk.
We started out this week by using some fine reporting and research by Reason magazine to point out how hypocritical Obama has been relative to abusing military power and how his actions have helped create a so-called “Imperial Presidency” which 1) abuses the rule of law and Constitution and 2) is now being run for better or worse.
During this week we have been looking at other folks opinion on how well Obama did as President It will not likely to be pretty, as the previous seven posts referenced above have already proven.
1) Today we will start this update to Obama's failed Presidency by skimming through many of the failures pointed out by various writers in the latest issue of The Weekly Standard:
- Fast and Furious - This effort under Eric Holder and Barack Obama broke both domestic laws and international laws and treaties. It provided, at American taxpayer expense, military grade weapons to violent Mexican drug cartels. These weapons were used to kill dozens, if not hundreds, of Mexicans and at least two U.S.Border Patrol guards.
When Congress tried to investigate why this happened, Obama and holder refused to hand over 92% of the documents requested and Obama protected his pal Holder by claiming executive privilege. Holder became the first Cabinet member to ever be held in contempt of Congress but in the end, no one was held accountable for the carnage and stupidity of this effort.
- When four Americans were killed at Benghazi, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, it was a tragedy but not a scandal. The scandal was the cover up where for weeks Obama and his people claimed an obscure YouTube video caused the attack when they knew it was a terror attack from the start. In fact, in a CBS “60 MInutes” interview of Obama immediately after the attack, the President refused to rule out a terrorist attack, an interview that CBS subsequently decided never to air.
Why was it never aired? Could it be that it did not fit into the Obama reelection campaign claim that terrorism had been tamed? And was it just a coincidence that Obama’s deputy security advisor, Ben Rhodes, is the brother of CBS News President, David Rhodes?
- Despite promising the most transparent Presidency ever, Obama went after more whistleblowers than all previous Presidencies combined, using the 1917 Espionage Act to harass journalists. As reference, the 1917 Espionage Act was so old that it made it illegal to distribute flyers protesting entry into World War I.
Lawyer James Gooden,who represented the New York Times in the famous Pentagon Papers journalism case says that: “President Obama will certainly pass President Richard Nixon as the worst President ever on issues of national security and press freedom.”
- Rather than following the Constitution and submitting international pacts to the Senate for approval, he played word games, saying that the nuclear weapons treaty and Paris climate treaty were “merely “agreements” that did not require Senate approval.
- According to Jonathan V. Last, “After being rebuked by voters and losing control of the House, he enlarged executive power to an almost cartoonish degree. And all along the way he encouraged lawlessness by picking and choosing the laws to be enforced, rather than going to trouble of repealing or changing laws with which he disagreed.” In other words, he was the most lawless President that ever lived, a situation he now hands off to Donald Trump.
2) Given how the mainstream press coddled and protected Obama over his eight years, it is a refreshing piece of integrity when a Washington Post writer identified ten of Obama’s biggest lies. Over at the Washington Post, fact checker Glenn Kessler just summarized the 10 biggest Obama lies:
- “More young black men languish in prison than attend colleges and universities across America”
- “We signed into law the biggest middle-class tax cut in history”
- “90 percent of the budget deficit is due to George W. Bush’s policies”
- “If you like your health-care plan, you can keep it”
- “The Capitol Hill janitors just got a pay cut”
- “The day after Benghazi happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism”
- “I didn’t call the Islamic State a ‘JV’ team”
- “Republicans have filibustered 500 pieces of legislation”
- “The Keystone pipeline is for oil that bypasses the United States”
- “We have fired a whole bunch of people who are in charge of these [VA] facilities”
The following link will take you to the original article where these lies are documented and sourced:
That will do it for the final review of the Obama Presidency. We spent seven days going over his failures, lawlessness, un-Constitutional acts, economic failures, and fiscal follies. And we did not even touch on his other failures, failures that most other Presidents also incurred:
- Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are still hurtling towards fiscal insolvency.
- Our pubic schools still do a generally horrid job of educating our kids.
- We still have no cogent, rational and compassionate immigration policy.
- We still have no workable national energy strategy.
- Government operations are still out of control, ineffective, and inefficient.
- There is still no plan for getting ever escalating healthcare costs under control.
And by creating an imperial Presidency, by ignoring laws when it suited his needs or by ruling by executive orders when he did not get his way, he has set up Donald Trump to continue the dangerous precedent that Obama created.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: