- A poll from the University Of California Berkeley, certainly not a bastion of conservative thinking and views, found that a whopping 74% of Californians want the state to end the so-called “sanctuary cities” practice, the practice where cities disobey Federal law and refuse to take illegal immigrants into custody, protecting them from existing laws and immigration practices.
- 82% of Republicans surveyed want to see an end to California sanctuary cities, 70% of Independents want to see an end to sanctuary cities, and amazingly, 74% of Democrats and 65% of Hispanics also want to see an end.
- An October, 2014 Federal immigration report found that 276 California sanctuary cities had released 8,145 illegal immigrants back into society in the previous year.
- Of those released, 1,867 (over 20%) were later re-arrested a whopping 4,298 times accounting for 7,491 criminal charges.
- Illegal immigrants are 3.5% of the U.S. but account for 37.6% of Federal criminal sentences and are 13.6% of all crimes committed nationwide.
- They also account for 12% of all murder sentences, 20% of kidnapping sentences, and 16% of all drug trafficking sentences in addition to accounting for 7% of the California population but over 12% of the state prison population.
- According to Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe: “Many cities and states are in a fragile [fiscal] condition. We have to be very very concerned about what is next going to happen with our economy.”
- According to the article, 25 states are expecting fewer revenues in 2017 than they forecasted and expected in their 2017 state government budgets.
- This is the most states in this condition since the end of the recession eight years ago.
- Only four states expect their 2017 revenues stream to exceed expectations.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: