But I doubt it. Even if Trump is truly a different type of President, he is still fighting over 500 embedded and entrenched politicians in Congress and thousands and thousands of government bureaucrats who will not go peacefully into the night for the good of the country. I wish him well and hopefully he can fix at least some of the myriad of problems the American political class creates everyday but until then, enjoy the latest political class insanity from Washington and beyond:
1) The Washington political class, especially Obama, have been telling us for years that we need to support the “moderate rebels” in Syria to free the Syrians from the tyranny of the Assad dictatorship. As a result, we have been sending weapons and ammunition to these “moderate rebels” in their fight against the Assad regime. We were given the impression that these valiant, moderate rebels were modern day freedom fighters that deserved our taxpayer wealth and were using these U.S. supplied weapons only in the quest for freedom.
Well, of course that could not be further from the truth, like most everything that ever came out of the Obama administration, if you are to believe a DEMOCRATIC Congresswoman who just paid a secret visit to Syria. DEMOCRATIC Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii recently had an interview on CNN and let the country know what is really going on in Syria:
- Congresswoman Gabbard had just gotten back from a Syrian trip where she bounced around the country talking to various components in the whole Syrian mess: “I wanted to see if there was in some small way, a way that I could express the love and the aloha and the care that the American people have for the people of Syria, and to see firsthand what was happening there, to see that situation there.”
- She spoke with Assad himself in addition to ordinary Syrian folks on the street.
- And to kill the Obama myth that we are supporting “moderate rebels, she had the following observations: “I’ll tell you what I heard from the Syrian people that I met with, walking down the street in Aleppo, in Damascus, hearing from them. They expressed happiness and joy at seeing an American walking through their streets. But they also asked why the U.S. and its allies are providing support and arms to terrorist groups like al-Nusra, al-Qaida or al-Sham, ISIS who are on the ground there, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing the Syrian people.”
- Gabbard went on to form the following conclusion: “The reality is – every place that I went, every person that I spoke to, I asked this question to them, and without hesitation, they said, there are no moderate rebels. Who are these moderate rebels that people keep speaking of?”
- And her best point of all: “The fact that our resources are being used to strengthen the very terrorist groups we should be focused on defeating should alarm every American.”
Instead of minding our own business, we are fueling the very people that would attack us in our own towns if they had the ability. So insanely stupid and it took a very brave Congresswoman, who obviously risked her life, to tell us these simple truths.
2) Let’s bring the insanity closer to home and took about good old fashioned ripoff of the American taxpayer on our own shores:
- Fourteen people were recently arrested in the Baltimore area for ripping off the Federal food assistance program to the tune of $16 million.
- The 14 people were retail and food store owners and they are accused of taking in $16,482,270 of food stamp/EBT payments without providing and food of any kind.
- Those indicted in the fraud case include Walayat Khan, Shaheen Tasewar Hussain, Mulazam Hussain, Mahmood Hussain Shah, Muhammad Rafiq, Mohammad Shafiq, Alia Shaheen, Mohammad Irfan, 59, Muhammad Sarmad, Kassem Mohammad Hafeed, a/k/a Kassam Mohammad Hafeed.
3) What would a month of political class insanity review be without some truly delusional and inane remarks from Nancy Pelosi. According to a Washington Examiner article by Al Weaver on January 13, 2017, Pelosi somehow decided to proclaim that the almost $10 TRILLION that Obama added to the national debt was none other than the fault of George W. Bush. Yes, eight years after Bush left office, leaving both houses of Congress in Democratic hands and Obama in the White House, in Pelosi’s delusional state she is still blaming Bush.
But let’s look at some reality for Pelosi’s sake:
- The highest annual budget deficit of Bush was lower than the lowest budget deficit of Obama.
- Obama created four consecutive annual budget deficits of over a trillion dollars each.
- Obama had MONTHLY budget deficits that were larger than some of Bush’s ANNUAL budget deficits.
- When Republicans tried to get Federal government spending under control a few years ago, Obama fought them every step of the way with no fiscal constraint on his part at all.
And Obama has been unable and/or more likely, unwillingly, to reduce the long term trend of ever increasing budget deficits with the 2016 budget deficit under his watch starting to rise again and the Congressional Budget Office showing that Obama has the country on track to again attain trillion dollar annual deficits quite soon:
She also blames high payments to drug companies, for some unknown reason, and tax cuts to the rich, which in addition to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, still comes nowhere close to the almost $10 TRILLION that Obama added to the national debt, again showing how out of touch she is with reality and basically having no concept how much $10 TRILLION really is.
Look, I was never a big fan of Bush. At the time he was running unacceptable annual budget deficits. But in comparison to Obama, his deficits look like chump change regardless of what world Pelosi lives in. Of course Pelosi provides no real proof of the numbers or back up her ridiculous claims but that is usually par for her course, ramble on with wildly disconnected logic and come off as completely out of touch with reality.
That will do it for this month’s insanity: an incoherent Nancy Pelosi, more food assistance fraud in Baltimore that could have terrorist connections and a brave Democrat actually speaks out to show how pathetic and fatal Obama’s Syrian policy was and still is. More insanity next month.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com