- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating healthcare costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high healthcare costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
- According to a recent article in BusinessWeek, Alzheimer’s kills 100,000 Americans annually.
- It affects 5 million Americans every year with deteriorating health and high health care costs.
- Currently, these types of brain diseases already consume 20% of Medicare and Medicaid budgets and expenses every year.
- By 2030, just 15 years from now, these diseases will account for half of Medicare and Medicaid’s expenses.
- Despite Obama Care, the Federal government spends ten times as much each year on cancer research and five times as much on AIDS research.
- Non-government resources for disease research raise $.03 for Alzheimer’s research for every $1.00 raised for cancer research.
- The Louisiana co-op lost $5.7 million in 2014 one year after it opened its door for business, paying out $1.13 in benefits for every premium dollar it collected.
- The Nevada co-op is going out of business after burning through $66 million in taxpayer wealth.
- The Iowa co-op ran up a whopping $150 million in liabilities in less than two years and thus, went out of business since there was no way for it to repay those costs.
- The Massachusetts co-op spent six times as much money on administrative costs than it collected in premiums or about $10,900 on each policyholder/customer.
- This $10,900 level stands in stark contrast to a study that found that Medicare and private insurers spend about $150 a year per policyholder.
- A potential co-op in Vermont never got off the ground but still burned through $10 million of Federal taxpayer money.
- The 23 co-ops burned through about $2.4 billion with very little benefit in return. Imagine how much more money would have been wasted if every state formed their own co-op under Obama Care?
- The original plan called for a single national co-op to be administered by the Federal government. Imagine how much more expensive and how much of a failure that would have been, given the experience and screwups in every other aspect of Obama Care.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com