1) Remember how the media proclaimed that when Obama was elected President that the Republican party would wither away and die off? Obama was the young vibrant leader, the first African American President while the Republicans were a bunch of old white guys from a different, past generation of America?
Well, as Mark Twain once said, “The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.” Consider the political numbers that have occurred since Obama became President:
- With the recent election of a Republican to be governor of Kentucky, Republicans now control the governor’s seat in 32, 64%, of the states.
- Republicans control 30, 60%, of the country’s state legislatures and have total or split control of 38 out of 50, 76%.
- There are 13 fewer Democrats in the U.S. Senate since Obama was elected.
- There are 69 fewer Congressional Democrats in the House of Representatives since Obama was elected.
- There are 11 fewer Democratic governors since Obama was elected.
- There are 913 fewer Democrats in state legislatures since Obama was elected.
- Maryland, Illinois ,and Kentucky now have Republican governors, a rarity in those states throughout history.
The Washington Post mapped out this Republican dominance in the following map (click on the graph for a larger view):
Image credit: Washington Post
2) A recent article by Derrick Wilburn on the Allen B. West website continued to review the carnage that the Obama Presidency has wrought on Democrats across the country:
- The 2014 elections gave the Republicans their biggest Congressional majority in both houses in almost 99 years, 54 seats in the Senate and 247 seats in the house.
- They achieved their biggest control of state legislative bodies, 68, since 1928.
- In the 2014 elections, the Republicans won 24 out of 36 open U.S. Senate seats.
- 50% of the U.S. Senators who voted for Obama Care are no longer in the Senate.
3) Maybe one of the issues people have with Democrats is that their political leader, Barack Obama, seems to think that he and his family can use and waste taxpayer dollars on their many expensive vacations. According to recent findings via Freedom of Information Act requests, Judicial Watch published its expense findings on three Obama family vacations regarding just the cost of transportation:
• Obama's June 20, 2015 golf outing to Palm Springs required 10.6 hours of flying time at $206,337 per hour, costing taxpayers $2,187,172.20.
• Obama's July 18, 2015 trip to New York City with his daughters required 1.5 hours of flying time at $206,337 per hour, costing taxpayers $309,505.50.
• Obama's August 7, 2015 family trip to Martha's Vineyard required 3 hours of flying time at $206,337 per hour, costing taxpayers $619,011.
Thus, just the flying costs to the American taxpayer for just these three Obama family vacations cost over $3 million. Judicial Watch is still waiting for the cost of Secret Service costs for these trips.
The additional details from Judicial Watch were also provided:
- While in Palm Springs, the President played golf at the private golf course of billionaire Oracle founder Larry Ellison. This was his fifth golf outing to Palm Springs in just the past two years.
- In New York he told ABC TV News that he was in the city “hanging out with his girls.” He, his two daughters and their friends flew to New York on Air Force One.
- After one day they all flew home but the President flew back to New York just two days later to appear on TV’s “The Daily Show.”
His trip to Martha’s Vineyard including many rounds of golf on many private course. The house the First Family stayed at was 8,100 square feet in size, it sat on a 10 acre lot, it had 17 rooms, and usually rents for $50,000 a WEEK.
The numbers show that Obama and his family are certainly living the good live, all on taxpayer wealth.
4) Speaking of Obama and golf, as of this past August, the President had played 248 rounds of golf. This is the most rounds of golf played by a President since the 1950s. This comes out to about one round of golf every ten days, a rate that the vast majority of Americans and vast majority of American golfers fail to attain.
This is a President who promised he “would not rest” until every problem the country was facing was resolved, as witnessed by his promises, all of which have been broken, in the following video:
I foolishly assumed that he meant he would not be golfing every ten days or so until every problem was resolved, that is how I interpreted his continual “will not rest” promises.
But I should have known better. Remember, this is the same Presidential candidate that said he would not take vacations if elected since there were so many issues facing the country:
Over 248 rounds of golf prove that this is another broken promise, the golf numbers do not lie.
That will do it for this month’s “by the numbers” update. Do not believe political spin, believe the numbers if you want to know what reality is.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com