- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control of our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
- The company is $16.4 billion in debt.
- The Federal government’s Export-Import Bank gave the company almost two hundred million dollars in loans from U.S. taxpayers.
- The bankruptcy filing now makes it unlikely that any of those dollars will be recovered.
- The total number of loans and loan guarantees totalled over $191 million that was disbursed from 2007 to 2015.
- Lake Land College announced plans to tear down the wind turbines on campus since they were not financially viable.
- They were paid for in part by a Federal government grant of $987,697.20 of taxpayer wealth.
- The turbines lasted for less than four years and were very expensive to maintain and keep operating.
- The college confirmed that it has spent almost a quarter of a million dollars in parts and labor costs just to maintain the turbines beyond the construction cost.
- Faced with another $100,000 in expenses needed to make them functional again, after a lightning hit damaged them, the college decided to tear them down once and for all.
- The turbines were supposed to save the college $44,000 annually in electricity costs but only generated a total 8,500 in electricity savings.
- According to the article, the return on investment for the college was -99.14%.
- The original breakeven analysis for the turbines was 22.5 years, an estimate that is now laughable, given that the turbines are being torn down just a few years after they went up.
- The turbines went operational in 2012 after five years of construction in a now vain attempt to reduce the college’s carbon footprint and fight the mythical global warming fight.
Their inane grant proposal reads as follows: “The climate in southern Greenland is a key area for reconstructions of the North Atlantic Oscillation, a major pattern of northern hemisphere climate, and is also linked to Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation changes, an important oceanic process controlling north Atlantic climate, which recent studies suggest has been weaker over recent decades than at any time in the last 1000 years. This is also the region where Norse settlements were abandoned by the early-15th century; many questions still remain about the causative factors. Although climate change is often cited as the reason for settlement failure, this explanation rests on a very poorly constrained scientific foundation and other explanations have also been proposed.”
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com