To review past posts on this insanity and idiocy, just click on the first few posts in each month listed to the right of this page. After reviewing just a handful of these insanity posts we think you will agree that we are currently being served by the worst set of American politicians ever to hold office in our entire history.
It looks like our politicians have been especially insane over the past month or so let’s get started with the latest insanity from today’s American politicians:
1) We have often spent discussion time lamenting how poorly the Obama administration has handled economic matters in the past seven years, with the following dismal results:
- 45 million Americans still require government food assistance every month despite being six years out of the recession.
- The real unemployment rate is still just under 10%.
- Wages and household income levels have been stagnant for years.
- The labor participation rate is at historically low levels.
- According to the Federal Reserve, fully 47% of Americans could not withstand an unexpected expense of just $400.
- Over 94 million American adults are not working.
- Almost 6 million Americans are working part time because they cannot find full time work.
- According to the Government Accountability Office (GAO), 60% of U.S. households currently have no formal retirement savings or plan, either a traditional pension plan, an IRA, or a 401k.
- The lower the household income level the higher the probability that household does not have a formal retirement plan.
- By retirement time decades from now, the GAO estimates that 20% of all households will have zero retirement savings to rely on with 35% of lower income households having no retirement savings.
- While the GAO report offered a number of suggestions on how Americans today can boost their retirement savings for later, the fact that people today cannot find enough full time jobs and wages and household incomes are not rising much at all, those suggestions are moot if today’s workers have no spare cash to stow away.
2) Hillary Clinton seems hell bent on taking American citizens’ guns away from them under some severely misguided notion that if you strip the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens somehow criminal citizens will not have access to guns. This follows the same faulty logic of the Obama administration, which should know better, as we have shown countless times that the very strict gun laws in his home town of Chicago actually have substantially increased the criminal violence in that city.
But are their views in alignment with the views of Americans when it comes to gun control? Apparently not, according to a recent Rasmussen poll which found:
- 66 percent of those polled believe self-defense is why people purchase firearms
- 5 percent believe it's to commit a criminal act
- 1 percent believe it's for job-related purposes
- 22 percent say it's for "some other reason."
As we have previously reported, while Obama focuses his efforts on global warming, more gun control, and immigration, these are three of the lowest priorities of Americans who would prefer he work on the economy, jobs, and other more important issues. Looks like Hillary will be more of the same misalignment with Americans’ priorities.
To further illustrate this misalignment, the poll also found that law abiding Americans are buying guns at a record pace with 23% saying that they themselves or someone in their family has purchase a gun in the past year. Are you listening Hillary? More gun control and gun confiscation is not what Americans want.
3) The Washington Free Beacon reported on an Associated Press article by Tom Wheeler on April 13, 2016 on how the FCC purposely kept the massive fraud present under the so-called Obamaphone program under wraps until after it had expanded and expanded the corrupted program. Specifically:
- The regulators in the FCC were told to keep a massive fraud investigation secret until a day after a controversial FCC vote to the expand the program was taken.
- This was an accusation of one of the actual sitting FCC commissioners.
- The investigation found that the current program was so corrupt that it allegedly was being used to steal tens of millions of taxpayer dollars.
- After the vote, the FCC announced that it was going after the cellular phone company, Total Call Mobile, that had allegedly defrauded the Federal lifeline cell phone program of almost $10 million.
- The FCC was seeking $51 million in damages.
- The whistleblower Commissioner, Ajit Pai, wrote: “Commissioners were told that the Notice of Apparent Liability could not be released or publicly discussed until April 1, 2016, conveniently one day after the Commission was scheduled to expand the Lifeline program to broadband. That’s not right.”
- FCC spokesman, Will Wiquist, insisted that the timing of the delay on the fraud investigation announcement and the vote on the expanded program was just a coincidence: “The timing of the enforcement action was in no way related to the timing of the vote on the program modernization.” Given this administration’s penchant for lying on any and all topics, does anyone really believe this coincidence assertion?
- According to the accusations, Total Call Mobile employees enrolled tens of thousands of duplicate beneficiaries and the company pocketed the extra taxpayer subsidies.
- The FCC uncovered the fraud scheme when the company enrolled an undercover FCC investigator in the program without asking for any eligibility documentation.
- Pai went on to make several more scathing accusations against the Federal government;s mishandling of the program: “Even though [the FCC] identified 32,498 intra-company duplicates, we pursue only 2,587. Even though we have evidence that Total Call Mobile bypassed federal safeguards to enroll 99.8% of its subscribers, we hold the company liable for only 16%. Under these circumstances, our precedent suggests that a forfeiture of at least $84,295,910 would have been appropriate. Yet the Commission settles for something much less.”
- While this alleged fraud was going on,the company was shelling out well over $100,000 in lobbying expenses to protect its interests in Washington.
That will do it for today’s political class insanity. More fraud in a large government program that apparently was hushed up for political reasons, the dire retirement situation of today’s American workers, and HIllary’s total misalignment with American when it comes to the Second Amendment. More insanity tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com