As we have dove into the whole issue of manmade global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control of our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
Thus, let’s see the latest facts and science that prove you can be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, regardless of what Al Gore proclaims:
1) The first topic today is an oldie but a goodie. It is an oldie in that it was based on an article from Forbes’ writer James Taylor back in 2013. It is a goodie in that it debunks people like Al Gore, Barack Obama, and others that continually screech that “the science is settled” when it comes to global warming. While it is from three years ago, we have provided more up to date information in other blog posts that verifies that the findings discussed in that article are still true today, i.e. from a science and scientists perspective, the science is NOT settled.
Details and facts of the article include the following:
- According to a survey of scientists conducted by the peer reviewed journal, Organization Studies, only 36% of geoscientists and engineers believe that human beings are creating a global warming emergency.
- A majority of the 1,077 respondents are of the opinion that nature is the primary cause of global warming.
- They are also of the opinion that future global warming will not be a serious problem for mankind.
- The article references two other studies that showed that meteorologists have similar doubts about global warming.
In other words, the science is not settled as measured by this survey and other realities.
2) Let’s stay with scientists that know that the science is not settled. Atmospheric physicist Richard Lindzen from MIT has grouped people involved in the global warming issue into three categories:
- Scientists associated with the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, i.e. scientists that believe that mankind’s burning of fossil fuels is creating a dangerous situation.
- Scientists who are global warming and climate change doubters, i.e. scientists, including Lindzen, that believe there are a whole lot of factors involved in climate and that mankind’s activities are not a significant impact on climate change.
- Non-scientists such as politicians, journalists, and environmental activists.
- The climate constantly changes.
- Some degree of warming will occur with the emission of carbon dioxide, but without it there would be no life on Earth.
- Carbon dioxide levels have risen since the 19th century.
- The average global temperature has risen by one degree celsius between 1800 and 2000, but man's carbon emissions have played a role since the 1960's.
- A "confident prediction" about the average global temperature cannot be made.
- Fossil fuel use will not result in armageddon.
Additionally, "Unfortunately, group three is winning the argument because they have drowned out the serious debate that should be going on. But while politicians, environmentalists and media types can waste a lot of money and scare a lot of people, they won't be able to bury the truth. The climate will have the final word on that."
Just another scientist that believes it is perfectly logical to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science. Who would you rather believe when it comes to global warming, a has been politician Al Gore or a current MIT scientist?
3) One of the deceptive myths that global warming believers have thrown into everyone’s face is that global warming is killing off the polar bear population. The obvious guilt trip they would want to impose on the rest of us is how can we stand idly by and NOT save the polar bears?
But we have shown that previous posts and scientific studies have shown that the exact opposite is going on. The polar bear population is getting larger, not smaller. Recent reporting by the Daily Caller website cited yet another scientific study to prove that the polar bear population is NOT dying off:
- Researchers from Lakehead University in Canada found no evidence that polar bear populations are threatened by global warming or climate change.
- Publishing their results in the journal “Ecology and Evolution,” the Canadians concluded: "We see reason for concern, but find no reliable evidence to support the contention that polar bears are currently experiencing a climate crisis.”
- After studying 13 polar bear subpopulations, the scientists found that: "Much of the scientific evidence indicating that some polar bear subpopulations are declining due to climate change-mediated sea ice reductions is likely flawed by poor mark-recapture sampling," resulting in the inability to gather accurate “demographic parameters.”
Today, we learned again that the science is NOT settled, if one would only ask real scientists, and the polar bear population is doing just fine. More evidence tomorrow that it is perfectly rational to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com