To review past posts on this insanity and idiocy, just click on the first few posts in each month listed to the right of this page. After reviewing just a handful of these insanity posts we think you will agree that we are currently being served by the worst set of American politicians ever to hold office in our entire history.
It looks like our politicians have been especially insane over the past month or so let’s get started with the latest insanity from today’s American politicians:
1) Paul Ryan is the Speaker of the House of Representatives. In that powerful position he should be representing all Americans not just rich and powerful Americans like himself. Which brings us to the latest political class hypocrisy via Speaker Ryan.
After the terrorists attacks in the heart of Paris last year, there was much debate on whether and how the U.S. should allow foreign Muslims into this country with the fear being that terrorists might try to use any amnesty or refugee program to sneak into the country and attack Americans within the country. Ryan came down hard on the side of allow thousands of Muslims to enter the country, asserting it is not “appropriate” to consider religion for any foreigner seeking entry into this country.
And Speaker Ryan certainly has the right to his opinion. But he should have disclosed that the private Catholic school that he sends his kids to does indeed have a religious screening process within its admissions, according to Breitbart reporting. Breitbart obtained a copy of the admissions application from the church and found that the the document does specifically ask whether the applicant is a member of the associated Catholic parish that operates the private school, specifically is the applicant:
- Is officially registered at… [this] Catholic Parish
- Has had their children baptized;
- Fulfills the Sunday Mass obligation and other Holy Days of Obligation;
- Offers consistent financial support (whether weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually) through the church offertory envelopes or direct deposit for a minimum of $800 per calendar year;
- Volunteers service to the parish; and
- Participates in parish ministries when asked, or if they feel called to share their talent of time.
However, I am tired of the hypocrisy of the political class that Ryan has exhibited, having no problem using religion as a screen for his kids and his family while at the same time opposing using religion as a potential screen for terrorists. Typical politician, do as I say, not as I do.
2) As always, I will be voting for the Libertarian candidate for President again this year, likely the former governor of New Mexico, Gary Johnson. The Libertarian Party, like other third parties that I do not support but still have my utmost respect for still having principles and integrity that Democrats and Republicans no longer have, have always been on the edges of national politics. The American political class and the media and wealthy power brokers that they are in partnership with our current politicians do everything they can to prevent anyone or any party from upsetting the infested and infected status quo of American politics.
Which brings us to the following video clip. I am a big fan of ventriloquist Jeff Dunham. One of his characters is a grumpy old man, Walter. Enjoy the recent discussion that Jeff and Walter recently had where Walter accurately compares the 2016 Presidential race to looking down the bar at closing time and realizing that this is all there is. After hearing Walter’s insightful observation of this year’s candidates, consider maybe this year giving a third party candidate your vote since the view at the end of the 2016 Presidential bar is not attractive:
3) We often comment on how Obama claimed that his Presidential administration would be the most transparent EVER. We have showed dozens of times how this might turn out to be the greatest single lie he ever told since if, anything, his administration has been the least transparent in a long time.
This point was driven home again with the recent news that the IRS within the Obama administration has withheld more than 10,000 pages of information requested by the Alliance Defending Freedom organization that was investigating the IRS procedures for investigating churches. Another 2,000 pages of IRS documents that were released had their entire contents blacked out, obviously making them useless.
As a result, the Alliance is taking the Obama administration to court to force the issue and to get the documents they legally requested: “The IRS is not above the law, and Americans deserve to know the truth about the agency’s secret deals with activists,” said ADF Legal Counsel Christiana Holcomb. “The IRS has a legal obligation to explain why it is hiding things or else produce the documents. Its ongoing refusal to follow the law is absurd, particularly since much of we are asking for is information that the IRS has already provided voluntarily to Freedom From Religion Foundation.”
Apparently an atheist group wanted the IRS to be more stringent in overseeing church organizations that might be illegally involved in politics. The ADF in its suit claims that the IRS had assured the atheist group that “it had adopted new protocols and procedures for church investigations in order to end the lawsuit.” The ADF wanted to see what those protocols were, certainly a fair request and one that would not endanger national security or the personal safety or identity of an individual. And yet, the Obama administration refuses to comply with a legal Freedom of Information Act request, as usual with this administration.
4) A little bit of insane math to finish up today’s insanity, as discussed in an interview of Congressman Thomas Massie in the June, 2016 issue of Reason magazine:
- By the time that Obama leaves office, the nation’s total debt load at the Federal government level will be about $20 TRILLION.
- This is double what it was when Obama took office, obviously meaning that Obama will run up more government debt than ALL previous Presidents COMBINED.
- When interest rates return to their traditional 5% levels, the American taxpayer will be paying $1 TRILLION a year just on interest on the national debt.
- This annual trillion payment in interest will be 66% larger than the current annual military budget.
- Today, the Federal government spends about $4 TRILLION a year of which three quarters ($3 TRILLION) is spent only on Social Security, medicare, and Medicaid).
- That leaves one trillion dollars to spend on roads, bridges, and every other government function.
- Thus, either the Federal government will have to stop doing everything else except paying Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and interest on the debt or it will have to raise taxes by a trillion dollars a year to keep every other government function funded.
- These additional taxes would come out to about an annual additional taxation of about $8,700 per household.
- This is $8,700 that every American household does not have to spend on vacations, consumer goods, restaurants, etc., leading to stagnating economic growth leading to less taxes being collected which leads to more debt which leads to a death spiral of the country’s financial solvency.
That will do it for today’s insanity: more hypocrisy from our politicians, more lack of transparency from Obama, more dire financial predictions, and more realizations that the Presidential candidates for 2016 is like looking down the bar at closing time and realizing that: “holy cow, this is all we have to chose from?”
More insanity for tomorrow with a focus on the building fiscal fiasco that the Chicago politicians have created in the Windy City.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com