- He falsely claimed that if you liked your current doctors, insurance plan, or hospital, then you would be able to keep it under Obama Care.
- According to Robert Coleman, writing for the website on April 19, 2016, 50 billionaires across the country received $6.3 million Federal government farm subsidies even though most, if not all, of them could not rationally be classified as “farmers.”
- The money was paid out from 1995 to 2014 as part of a Federal crop insurance program, according to analysis by the Environmental Watchdog Group (EWG).
- Fifty members from the Forbes list of the 400 wealthiest Americans received taxpayer money under the program.
- The recipients included banker David Rockefeller, Sr., Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, well known stockbroker Charles Schwab and other billionaires.
- Other, lesser known but still wealthy recipients included Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker, owners of three professional sports teams, and the founder of the Bass Pro sporting goods business.
- The total net worth, according to the EWG, of the billionaires who got the Federal money was $331.4 billion.
- Examples of some of the subsidies include the following:
I am sorry, but someone who is worth almost $18 BILLION (Paul Allen) should not be getting thousands of dollars in taxpayer money for his farming operation. If you want to subsidize farmers, than subsidize those that truly need a little financial help. Paul Allen et al do not need financial help.Either return that $6.3 million to the taxpayers or use it for a real human suffering purpose to feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, or treat the addicted in this country, do not give over a $1 million to someone who is worth $2 billion (Lee Bass). Enough insanity for today. Making the rich richer with taxpayer money, taxing the less rich more when they buy a bagel or pack of cards, and another whopping Obama lie. Political class insanity comes in all forms and ways, more of it tomorrow.