- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, sugar, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating healthcare costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high healthcare costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
- According to the article, the United Nations has contacted the Trump administration and told it that repealing Obama Care is illegal and the UN will not allow it.
- It claims that if Obama Care is repealed and Americans lose health insurance coverage then the U.S. would be in violation of international agreements, according to the Office of the U.N. High Commissioner on Human Rights in Geneva.
- Really? Since when does the United States have to listen to the rantings of a failed international body on any issue at all, never mind an issue that applies only to U.S. citizens and has no bearing on a citizen from another country?
- And speaking of hypocrisy, this Human Rights Commission is supposed to “uphold the highest standards in the promotion and protection of human rights,“ and yet its members include some of the worst, most repressive government regimes in the world including China, Cuba, Iraq, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela, governments that are openly hostile to the health and well being of their own citizens.
- “Obamacare's crushing cost to some families: 49 percent price hike since 2014, premiums of $14,300” - CNBC – 05/11/2017
- “Why So Many Insurers Are Leaving Obamacare” - The Atlantic – 5/11/2017
- “States scramble to prevent Obamacare exodus” - The Hill – 06/04/2017
- The California State government appropriations committee recently passed proposed legislation that create a single payer/universal health care market in the state of California.
- The ANNUAL cost of such a move would be $400 billion according to the those who supported the legislation.
- Unfortunately, although these folks came up for an estimate of such a move they were unable to find a way to get $400 billion EVERY year to pay for it without gutting current health insurance programs and substantial raises in state taxes.
- Despite the impossible cost level, it is a great idea since every state citizen would get free access to acupuncture and chiropractic care, everyone could see any specialist without a referral, and there would be no copays or deductibles, just free unlimited healthcare...that costs $400 BILLION a year.
- The $400 billion annual cost would steal $200 billion from Medicare and Medicaid and raise taxes the equivalent of doubling the payroll tax, taking it from the current $15.3 % to over 30%.
- However, their analysis left this dire warning: “The state-wide economic impacts of such an overall tax increase on employment is beyond the scope of this analysis.” In other words, we have not idea what unintended and dire consequences could occur because of this plan but we voted for it anyway.
- These are the same politicians that have run up over $100 billion in unfunded liabilities for the state that will eventually crush its credit rating and ability to function.
- As we have previously reported, these are the same politicians whose policies are causing millions of people and thousands of businesses to flee the state for areas with lower taxes, lower regulations, and more sanity.
- And never in the history of U.S, government has the initial cost estimate from a government entity ever been too high, e.g. the Big Dig in Boston was supposed to cost about $2 billion but cost over $20 billion, Obama Care was supposed to cost less than $900 billion the first ten years but will likely cost almost $2 TRILLION, etc. Thus, you can almost be assured that the $400 billion will be a fraction of the final cost.
- Even if the annual $400 BILLION cost is legit (which it will not be), with 39 million citizens in California, that means that every citizen’s cost burden for this legislation would average over $10,000 per person. Thus, a family of four would theoretically be paying $40,000 a year for health insurance.
- If you are a liberal and reading this and you spout your typical response that only the rich would pay more in taxes to cover the cost, let me assure you that the rich would not pay more in taxes because they would be able to easily move out of California to avoid the crushing cost of at least $400 billion a year, leaving the poor and middle class behind to pick up the slack.
- And not only would the rich be leaving the state, doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals would also be leaving because as the revenue shortfall grew because of this inane program, the payments to doctors and others would continue to get squeezed causing them to also flee to better and more profitable work locations in other states.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com