But let’s quickly get into this month’s political class insanity because over the past month or so there has been a lot of it was Washington implodes into a useless pile of incompetence:
Joe Schoffstall, writing for the Washington Free Beacon on May 30, 2017, brings up to date with the latest political class insanity from Congresswoman Lee:
- According to research by the Washington Free Beacon, Lee allegedly and illegally used campaign funds to purchase tickets to the Super Bowl.
- She then posted pictures of herself partying at the Super Bowl on her website.
- The pictures were subsequently taken down once the Beacon report came out.
- The report found that almost $10,000 of campaign funds were allegedly used to purchase Super Bowl tickets: “Three days before the event, Jackson Lee's campaign disbursed $4,900 to 21st Century Fox for Super Bowl tickets. A second transaction was made days after the game when Jackson Lee's campaign reimbursed Gerald Womack, her campaign manager, $4,900 for tickets.”
- On the day of the Super Bowl, Lee posted a picture of herself at the stadium on her Instagram account:
- The photo was taken down soon after the Beacon went public with the campaign fund allegations.
- Since members of Congress are strictly prohibited from using campaign funds for personal use, the Congresswoman has some explaining to do.
- A recent audit found that the Social Security Administration (SSA) erroneously paid out over $1 billion in benefits to people that did not have Social Security numbers.
- These are people that should not be able to get any kind of SSA benefits at all but instead the Federal bureaucracy gave them over $1 billion.
- According to the SSA inspector general: “[U]nless it [SSA] takes corrective action, we estimate SSA will pay about $182.5 million in benefits, annually, to representative payees who do not have an SSN or paper application supporting their selection.”
- Since 2004, the SSA has paid out $853.1 million to these so-called representative payees that had been terminated by the SSA.
- Although Alcee Hastings is only one of six Federal judges to ever be removed from his post by Congress, he is somehow currently a U.S. Congressman from Florida.
- His removal was the result of being busted for asking for a bribe of $150,000 in exchange for favorable treatment in a racketeering case that was before him in court.
- The House of Representatives voted 413 to 3 to have him removed from his judge position, kind of an overwhelming indictment of his guilt.
- Did I mention that even after this crime and removal from the bench he got elected to Congress?!
- He is again in trouble for shady dealings in that he has been giving his girlfriend the maximum allowed taxpayer funded salary for five years to “work” in his field office.
- Oh yeah, to work in is field office she received over $168,000 a year, three times the median household income.
- Oh yeah, he was also sued by Judicial Watch in their support of a former employee who accused him of repeated sexual harassment.
- Despite his despicable behavior over time, he had the nerve to accuse fellow Congressmen of being “nasty to the poor.”
- Hastings also employs the wife of a former staff person who has been convicted for money laundering.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: