- The Department of Justice in New Jersey recently reported that a former New Jersey mayor was going to jail for 27 months for taking $110,000 worth of bribes from developers working in his city.
- Alex D. Bianco pleaded guilty to a U.S. judge for one charge of soliciting and accepting corrupt payments regarding business related to the town he was once mayor of, Passaic, New Jersey.
- Acting U.S. Attorney Fitzpatrick commented that, “Mayor Blanco admitted to aggressively soliciting and accepting illegal payments from developers, taking for himself federal money that was intended to help provide housing for some of the city’s poorest residents. This case demonstrates that public officials who exploit their office for personal gain can expect to be thoroughly investigated and aggressively prosecuted.”
- Special Agent in charge of the case, Brian A. Michael of Homeland Security Investigations in Newark, New Jersey offered his views as well: “The mayor’s sentencing sends a message that no one is above the law. It is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our special agents and their law enforcement colleagues—job well done.”
- The former mayor apparently asked a third party to approach two building developers in the town and suggest they make a sizable donation to the mayor if they expected to see a low income residential building project go forth in the town that the developers wanted to build.
- In addition to prison, Blanco will be under three years of supervised parole and must pay back $110,000.
2) If you have the gut feeling that the war on terrorism continued to be a lost battle under the Obama regime, well it appears you are right. The Institute for Economics and Peace recently released its annual “Global Peace Index” report for 2017 and the results are not good:
- The index considers the “state of peace” in 163 countries around the world.
- The study found that the rate of world terrorism had tripled in the past six years, years in which Obama was President.
- This put the rate of terrorism at an all time high.
- It says that world peace has been declining over that period of time with actions and situations in the Middle East and North Africa driving the skyrocketing terrorism rate.
- Terrorism related deaths have risen more than 900% since 2007 just in the 35 countries that are members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, a platform for governments to work together to solve common problems, including terrorism.
- Twenty three of those 35 nations had suffered terrorism deaths over that period of time including France, Turkey, Denmark, and Sweden.
- Just in the past year, terrorism was up 80% with 11 countries suffering more than 500 terrorism related deaths in 2016 compared to only five countries in 2015.
- Terrorism increases in the Middle East caused terrorism deaths to reach a 25 year high and the number of refugees is at a level not seen in 60 years.
- The cost to fight terrorism in 2016 is estimated to have been a mind boggling $14.3 TRILLION dollars.
- According to Mr. Goldsmith: “A new report by Michael Snyder for The Economic Collapse reveals what many free market economists have been warning for years: that the growth of the federal regulatory state has diminished the ability of, and interest in, individual business entrepreneurs to operate.”
- Snyder reports that the number of self employed Americans today (8.4 million) is lower than it was in 1990 (8.7 million) even though the population has grown significantly since then, up over 70 million people.
- Snyder cites one study that show the percentage of self employed people is down 20% and another study found that number of new entrepreneurs and business owners was down 53% between 1977 and 2010.
- Tax policy, over taxation, over regulations, and over litigation are some of the main factors that Obama and the rest of Washington have heaped on the marketplace which has restricted, prevented and discouraged people to start their own business.
- The article points out the idiocy of some of Obama's business strategies and tactics, citing a study by Elizabeth Harrington in 2016 that found that the Obama administration issued a new business regulation every three days during the Obama regime, regulations that stifled creativity, resources, and the desire to start a business.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: