- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control of our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
- The basis of the 97% was a calculation based on a tiny sample of 77n climate scientists.
- Of all the scientists and climate scientists in the world, this wide misused statistic is based on the opinions of only 77 people.
- This tiny sample is actually a tiny subsample of a survey that was done back in 2009 by the American Geophysical Union (AGU) that was actually only a brief two question online a survey sent to 10,257 earth scientists by two researchers from the University of Illinois.
- As a side note not mentioned in the article, it is my recollection that one of the researchers was a masters candidate, i.e. she did not even have a masters degree in the field yet never mind being an experienced Phd scientist.
- The 3,146 people responded to the survey and then the data was manipulated and cut and hacked down to only 77 respondents, out of which 75 said that mankind was causing significant global warming and climate change.
- Thus, out of the 10,257 surveys sent out, the conclusion is based on less than .8% of the population mailed and less than 2.6% of the respondents.
- Larry Bell of Forbes sums up the results nicely: “Then of those [3,146 that actually took the survey], only a small subset, just 77 who had been successful in getting more than half of their papers recently accepted by peer-reviewed climate science journals, were considered in their survey statistic. That “98% all scientists” referred to a laughably puny number of 75 of those 77 who answered “yes.”
- Despite the findings in 2016 that the temperatures at the South Pole were warmer than usual, sending global warming advocates into a frenzy, this recent study indicates that the Antarctic Peninsula has actually been cooling over the past three decades.
- The study also concluded that there has been a “slow-down of glacier recession, a shift to surface mass gains of the peripheral glacier and a thinning of the active layer of permafrost in northern AP islands.” In other words, it is still cold down south
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: