- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating healthcare costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high healthcare costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
She said that she believes the Obama administration could make changes to the law. This opinion is especially funny since the Republicans, none of whom voted for the law, now control both houses of Congress so the chance of changes is absolutely zero.
- The Obama administration’s Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recently released its official estimates of the uninsured population and of health spending in the U.S.
- In 2014, Obama Care’s expected expansion fell millions and millions of people short of enrollment goals.
- Despite its goal of reducing healthcare costs in the country, it drove health care costs higher by the highest rate in 7 years.
- The legislation has reduced the number of uninsured Americans by only 2.7 percentage points.
- Back in 2010, the law was expected to have enrolled 19 million uninsured Americans into Obama Care policies by 2014 and 30 uninsured million by 2016.
- However, in late 2105, CMS admitted that from 2010 to 2014 the number of uninsured fell by only 12.6 million.
- And Mr. Roy contends that 2010’s uninsured rate was artificially higher due to the Great Recession and if you use 2008 as the baseline prior to the effects of the recession, the number of uninsured Americans actually fell by only 6.7 million.
- Thus, all of the agony of millions of people losing access to their current doctors, policies, and hospitals, all of the billions and billions of dollars spent on setting up Obama Care processes, co-ops, exchanges, and bureaucracies, all of the taxes and fees that have stunted economic growth in this country, all of that has reduced the percentage of Americans without insurance by only 2.7% and has left all of the root causes of ever rising healthcare costs intact.
- This meager improvement in the uninsured rate is far smaller than expected and promised by Obama.
- And as premiums and deductibles and co-pays go up and insurance companies actually leave the Obama Care world, the pipe dream of getting to 30 million enrollees gets more and more unlikely.
- A set of economists and statisticians at CMS recently stated in the “Health Affairs” publication that the country’s 2014 spending on healthcare grew at an annual rate of 5.3%, the highest rate since 2007.
- These economists and statisticians attributed the accelerating cost of healthcare to, wait for it, the passage of Obama Care: “The return to faster growth was largely influenced by the coverage expansions of the Affordable Care Act.”
- In other words, this is another Washington effort that actually did the exact opposite of what it was supposed to do, rather than reduce rising costs it contributed to the acceleration of rising costs according to people actually in the Obama administration.
- Even more distressing was that the accelerated spending in healthcare costs was especially high within the Medicaid program, going up 11.0%. Since Medicaid expansion is a major component of Obama Care, an 11.0% annual increase is a major factor why Obama Care is directly responsible for the overall increase in the nation’s healthcare cost increases.
That will do it for today. High costs, lower enrollment, unkept promises, and family heartaches. Sounds about right for the unfolding disaster that is Obama Care. More disasters tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com