Seven years later hope has become very scarce and change has almost always been for the worst. Now, before someone says that I am just a sour grapes Republican, conservative, or neo-con, understand that I have never voted for a Republican for President in my life (I started voting in the 1970s). Up until 2010, I had never voted for Republican for national office in my life. I fully support gay rights and respect a woman’s legal right to an abortion. Thus, none of what you are about to read over the next few days comes from a Republican sour grapes perspective.
But unless you have had completely had your head in the sand or elsewhere, this has been the worst Presidency that I have experienced in my lifetime. From horrid legislation (e.g. Obama Care) to a failed foreign policy (e.g. Syria) to daily lawlessness on the part of this administration (e.g. use of unsecured email accounts by high ranking administration members), the ineptness and ineffectiveness of this administration is mind boggling.
Thus, given this set up, in no particular order, this is what I will remember about the Obama Presidency, the last of four posts that were needed to cover all of the failures, disasters, and law breaking of the worst Presidency of my lifetime:
- I will remember a Presidency that gave us one of the most inane Vice Presidents of all time, Joe Biden, who in turn left us with the following nuggets of nonsense:
- "A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States — Barack America!" --Joe Biden, at his first campaign rally with Barack Obama after being announced as his running mate, Springfield, Ill., Aug. 23, 2008
- "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." –Joe Biden, referring to Barack Obama at the beginning of the 2008 Democratic primary campaign, Jan. 31, 2007
- "A successful dump!" --Joe Biden, explaining his whereabouts (dropping deadwood at the dump) to the reporters outside his home, Wilmington, Del., Aug. 20, 2008
- "His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she's- wait- your mom's still- your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul." --Joe Biden, on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who is very much alive, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010
- "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent....I'm not joking." --Joe Biden, in a private remark to an Indian-American man caught on C-SPAN, June, 2006
- "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." –Joe Biden, apparently unaware that FDR wasn't president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time, interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008
- "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me." --Joe Biden, speaking at a town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, Sept. 10, 2008
- "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." --Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008
- "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept.
- "This is a big fucking deal!" --Joe Biden, caught on an open mic congratulating President Barack Obama during the health care signing ceremony, Washington, D.C., March 23, 2010
- I will remember a President who spied on Congress, an act that still baffles why it is not illegal, impeachable, or treasonous.
- I will remember a President who defied the Constitution and repeatedly tried to shred the Second Amendment even though the majority of Americans are against his actions on gun control.
- I will remember a President that could not construct any semblance of a Syrian and ISIS strategy and plan despite most of the world standing strongly against ISIS activities and existence, a foreign policy failure of epic proportions.
- I will remember a President who left over two dozen Americans to die in Benghazi and then conspired with his Secretary of State to lie about the underlying cause of the dereliction of duty to protect a political talking point.
- I will remember a President who allowed a top staff refer to the prime minister of Israel as a “shith$%#” and suffer no repercussions from insulting our longest standing Middle East ally and the only true democracy in the Middle East.
- I will remember a President who spied on our longest standing Middle East ally and the only true democracy in the mIddle East during the Iranian nuclear arms negotiations.
- I will remember a President who was taken to the cleaners in the Iranian nuclear arms negotiations and who left four Americans to rot in Iranian jails as a result of being hoodwinked during those negotiations.
- And most of all I will remember why this President insisted in calling ISIS “ISIL,” a distinction that is explained below and which will have horrible consequences for America, Israel, and the world in the coming years:
What is the Difference and Why Does Obama Always Say I.S.I.L.
Here is an explanation of the difference between the terms ISIS and ISIL.
ISIS = Islamic State of Iraq and Syria . Iraq is to the east of Jordan (shaped like the hatchet) and Syria is to the north.
ISIL = Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant . Iraq is still to the east of Jordan, and “the Levant” is a term that comes from “the rising (of the sun, i.e., to the east)” - and is basically the land along the Mediterranean - that includes Lebanon , Israel , and those countries along there.
By saying ISIL, you “negate” Israel as its own country and lump it in with the rest of the countries along the Mediterranean - and Israel sort of disappears (loses its sovereignty) and becomes part of “the Levant ” - which is therefore part of ISIL.
If you've wondered, as I have, why all government agencies and especially BHO calls it ISIL and even spells it out every time it's used, instead of ISIS as the rest of the world here's the answer.
In one press conference after another, when referring to the Muslim terror super-group ISIS, United States President Barack Obama will use the term ISIL, instead of their former name ISIS , or current name Islamic State.
Have you ever wondered about that? Here is the difference:
What makes up the near exact center of the Muslim Levant ? Israel .
ISIL stands for the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant.
Now, to us Westerners we don't really make much of a distinction, do we?
No, honestly from our perspective it’s all about the same. But how would a Muslim living in the Middle East view it?
Just what is the Levant anyway? Let’s take a look.
The geographical term LEVANT refers to a multi-nation region in the Middle East . It’s a land bridge between Turkey to the north and Egypt to the south.
If you look on a map, however, in the near exact middle of the nations that comprise the Levant , guess what you see? Come on, guess!
It’s Israel. When Barack Obama refers over and over to the Islamic State as ISIL, he is sending a message to Muslims all over the Middle East, that he personally does not recognize Israel as a sovereign nation, but as territory belonging to the Islamic State.
Now you know why Obama says that he has no plan, no goal, and no stated aim for dealing with ISIS . But he does have a plan. Obama’s plan is to drag his feet for as long as he can, doing only the bare minimum that Congress forces him to do. His plan to buy ISIL as much time as possible to make as many gains as they can.
Listen as Obama and his press secretary and the spokesperson for the State Department and his Joint Chiefs of Staff painstakingly spells out the letters I-S-I-L so there is no doubt in your mind.
And it’s working.
The Islamic State has garnered millions of dollars, a vast cache of weapons, and in their latest foray have captured Syrian fighter jets and now 12 commercial passenger planes. With each passing day that Obama fulfills his stated aim of doing nothing, the Islamic State grows by leaps and bounds. The ultimate goal, of course, has not changed and will never change.
The ultimate goal is the destruction of Israel.
Now you know a little bit more about why Obama chooses his words so carefully.
I will remember a lot about this Presidency, almost all of it very forgettable, regrettable and often disgusting, as we have discussed over the past three days. President Obama could have been one of the most impactful Presidents of all time. He came into office with sky high popularity and approval ratings. His party had a sizable majority in the House Of Representatives. He had a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. The country was ready to turn away from the Republican party.
But let’s review. We have had a President who sits silent and allows ordinary Americans with intelligent, informed, contrary opinions to be slandered and demeaned by his political allies.
He uses deception as he tries to incite different segments of America against each other for his political gain.
Every one of his economic policies have been failures.
It is always all about him.
He tramples on the principles laid out in the Constitution, ignoring the rule of law as he sees as convenient, often trampling the liberties and rights of Americans in the process.
Often it seems like his golf game, his fund raising trips, and his vacations are more important than running and leading the country.
His foreign policy activities have mostly been failures, failures that are dwarfed by the unfolding disaster known as Obama Care.
He has not resolved, or even come close to presenting coherent plans to address the major issues of our times while the faulty operational aspects of the Federal government continue to be redundant, wasteful, inefficient, and ineffective.
But the biggest reason for his disasters is his narcissistic inability to take personal responsibility for his actions and subsequent failures. It is never his fault. Someone else always ruins his plans. This lack of humility means a person never looks inward to see how he or she could improve. And a President without the ability to self evaluate and improve ends up leading a country that does not improve.
And that is what I will remember most: this country, our freedoms, our democracy, and our financial well being are in far worse shape today than they were on that long ago day in January, 2009 when the Obama Error began.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com