- The number of American receiving Federal food assistance is about 50% higher than at the beginning of the recession despite us having seen the end of the recession years ago.
- The economy’s annual growth rate under Obama has not ever come close to the historical average annual growth rate of just over 3%. Obama’s economy has never grown any where close to 3%, never mind exceeding it.
- There are about 14 million unemployed or underemployed Americans who cannot find full time work even though they desire it.
- The labor participation rate is at low levels not seen since the stagflation days of the Carter administration.
- By the time he leaves office, Obama would have added about the same amount of debt to our national debt than ALL previous Presidents COMBINED, leaving the country with a national debt burden of over $20 TRILLION.
- The number of adults Americans not participating in the work force exceeded an amazing 94 million people for the fifth month in a row.
- The labor force participation rate improved by 0.1% in the month of December vs. November but still remained at a low 62.6%, continuing the trend of low participation levels not seen since the Carter administration in the 1970s.
- While the official U3 unemployment rate stayed unchanged at 5%, we have previously discussed how this is now a bogus number, given how low the labor participation rate is. The U6 rate is a much better gauge of true unemployment and that was at a depressing 9.9%, almost double the now defunct but still reported U3 rate.
- While the economy added about 500,000 jobs in the past two months, a run rate of about 3 million annually, the annual growth in the population adds about 1.84 million adults to the population every year. Thus, over 60% of the job growth under the Obama administration this past year would theoretically be taken up by normal population growth, leaving only about 1.2 million new jobs to be used to hit against the 14 million people discussed above.
- At this rate, assuming nobody else lost their jobs or got downgraded to part time, it would take a whopping 14 years for the Obama economy growth rate to get everyone a full time job who wanted one.
- 40% have used a payday loan, pawnshop, or other unconventional financing option to cover expenses, options that are usually more expensive than conventional options.
- Only 36% have put money away in a 401k account to save for retirement.
- 20% of those had done withdrawals from their retirement accounts, turning their retirement accounts into savings account, savings accounts that come with a stiff tax penalty for withdrawals.
- In the first 10 days of 2016, 101 citizens of Chicago have been shot and 19 have been killed.
- At this rate over 700 Chicago citizens will be killed in 2016 and over 3,500 will be wounded.
- According to the Chicago Tribune, in the first ten days of 2015, 31 had been wounded and 9 had been killed, obviously much lower rate of violence than in 2016.
- One of the shooting incidents occurred within blocks of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s home.
So what did the numbers tell us today:
- The economy still stinks.
- The economy really stinks for young Americans.
- We currently fear and do not trust our government.
- Muslims execute a lot of suicide bombings, in fact, committing almost all of them, despite the President’s apparent blind spot to this reality and numbers.
- Chicago is going wild in the face of the strongest gun laws in the country.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com