- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control on our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
- In the 1970s, Biologist Paul Ehrlich predicted: “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make,” and that “The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.” Did not happen, technology increased the productivity of farmland and farming methods to help avoid mass starvation.
- Life magazine reported in their January, 1970 issue, “Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support…the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution…by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half….” Did not happen, sane and rational laws stopped the growth of air pollution in a relatively short time frame.
- In January 2006 Al Gore predicted that we had ten years left before the planet turned into a "total frying pan." Did not happen, as the frigidly cold winters of the previous two years prove.
- In 2008, ABC News predicted that NYC would be underwater by June 2015. Did not happen or come close to happening.
- Ecologist Kenneth E.F. Watt predicted in 1970 that “If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but 11 degrees colder by the year 2000, This is about twice what it would take to put us in an ice age.” Did not happen but it is refreshing to see a climate expert predict wrongly on global cooling vs. predict wrongly on global warming.
- In 2008, Al Gore predicted that there is a 75% chance that the entire north polar ice cap would be completely melted within 5-7 years. Did not happen, in fact, the northern polar ice cap is getting larger, not disappearing.
- In May, 2014 France’s foreign minister confidently predicted that we only have 500 days to stop “climate chaos.” Did not happen, over 700 days later chaos has not started.
- In 2009, National Aeronautics and Space Administration Goddard Space Flight Center head James Wassen warned that Obama only had four years left to save the earth. Did not happen. In fact, seven years after Goddard’s prediction, earth is doing pretty well climate wise without any help from Obama.
- The sponsor of the first Earth Day predicted that “in 25 years , somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.” Did not happen, twenty years after the 25 years we nowhere close to the number of species have gone extinct.
- Another Earth Day prediction, this one also from Kenneth Watt: “At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.” Did not happen, back in the 1970s it looked like nitrogen was the bad guy as compared to carbon today.
We have always called for a comprehensive adult conversation on the issue to ensure that we do not spend trillions of dollars on something that looks as ridiculous to Americans thirty years from now as the above ten predictions look to us today.
- The new NASA report found that Antarctic snow accumulation that began 10,000 years ago is adding more ice to the southernmost continent to outweigh the ice losses from thinning glaciers.
- This finding contradicts the belief of the UN’s panel on climate change which claimed in 2013 that Antarctica is losing ice volume.
- The NASA analysis estimated that Antarctic gained 112 billion tons of ice A YEAR from 1992 to 2001 and 82 billion tons of ice annually from 2003 to 2008.
- Jay Zwally, a glaciologist with NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, and lead author of the study, which was published in the Journal of Glaciology, summed up the findings as follows: “We’re essentially in agreement with other studies that show an increase in ice discharge in the Antarctic Peninsula and the Thwaites and Pine Island region of West Antarctica. Our main disagreement is for East Antarctica and the interior of West Antarctica – there, we see an ice gain that exceeds the losses in the other areas.”
- Zwally went on to say: “The good news is that Antarctica is not currently contributing to sea level rise, but is taking 0.23 millimeters per year away.”
- Members of Congress and the EPA know that Obama's energy plans and regulations will have minimal, if any, impact on the earth’s temperatures.
- Past climate forecasts have been wrong in so many ways.
- NASA analysis proves that the south pole is actually grow in ice mass,contrary to any forecast that global warming advocates always claimed would happen.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com