- 69% of those polled said that “big government” is the biggest threat to America vs. “big business” and “big labor.”
- This feeling of disgust with government is strong the political spectrum with 88% of Republicans, 67% of Independents, and 53% of Democrats all believing big government is the biggest threat to the country.
- This is the second highest disgust level with big government in the 50 year history of the poll, second only to the 72% level from 2013.
- Back in 1985 only 50% thought that big government was the biggest problem.
- During the Obama Presidency, the average finding in the poll finding for big government being the biggest threat to the country has been 64% vs. 56% over the Bush Presidency.
- A related poll asked, “Is corruption widespread throughout the government in this country, or not?” which found that a whopping 75% of those polled believe it is.
- That 75% finding is up substantially from the 67% level from 2007.
- Confidence in Congress is at a historical low of 8%.
- 49% of those polled claim that government poses an immediate threat to rights and freedoms, up from just 30% in 2003.
- A Department of Homeland Security (DHS) official is on public record claiming that he was ordered by his superiors to purge records of people with ties to Islamic terrorists.
- The former official, Patrick Hanley, was recently quoted in an article by The Hill: "After leaving my 15-year career at DHS, I can no longer be silent about the dangerous state of America’s counter-terror strategy, our leaders’ willingness to compromise the security of citizens for the ideological rigidity of political correctness—and, consequently, our vulnerability to devastating, mass-casualty attack."
- Haney claims that the Obama administration has "engaged in a bureaucratic effort" to purge any raw material and intelligence that DHS has been gathering for years, leaving the United States more open to massive terrorist attacks.
- He also claims that, "Even worse, going forward, my colleagues and I were prohibited from entering pertinent information into the database," relative to an important terrorism case from several years ago.
- Christmas Bomber case in 2009.
- 2013 Boston Marathon bombing.
- Military installations attack in Tennessee in 2015.
- Detroit “honor” killer Rahinm Alfatlawio in 2011.
- Amine El Khalifi who plotted to blow up the U.S.Capitol in 2012.
- Oklahoma beheading suus[ect Alton Nolen in 2014.
- Recent San Bernardino shooting.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com