- Many of these deaths were criminals killing criminals, gang members killing other gang members, with guns obtained illegally so that anything Obama does will not change this situation.
- Many of these deaths were criminals being killed by law abiding citizens defending themselves and their families so that anything Obama does for gun control will only make Americans more defenseless against violent criminals.
- Many of these deaths were suicides and any type of gun control will likely push many of these suicide prone people to kill themselves using other means.
- Heart disease – 611,105
- Malignant neoplasms (cancer) – 584,881
- Chronic lower respiratory diseases – 149,205
- Accidents (unintentional injuries) – 130,557
- Cerebrovascular diseases (strokes and aneurysms) – 128,978
- Alzheimer’s – 84,767
- Diabetes – 75,578
- Flu and pneumonia – 56,979
- Poisonings - 48,545 (of which 80% are accidental)
- Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis – 47,112
- Suicide – 41,149
- Septicemia – 38,156
- Liver disease and cirrhosis – 36,427
- Hypertension – 30,770
- The Rutherford Institute, an important civil rights organization, is sounding the alarm about a proposed Virginia state piece of legislation that would create a “secret police” force within that state.
- Senate bill 552 would classify the names of all police officers as “personnel records” which in turn would make their names exempt from public disclosure.
- The president of the Rutherford Institute, John Whitehead summarized how dangerous this legislation is: “American citizens have a right to know when government agencies and government officials have engaged in wrongdoing. Whether those individuals occupy a public office or are employed by a law-enforcement agency is immaterial. If a government employee has been charged with misconduct, it is the right of the taxpayer to know both the name of the individual and the charge against them.”
- He went on to say: “By ensuring that the identities of police officers could be kept completely secret, SB 552 would ostensibly result in the creation of secret police forces throughout the Commonwealth. If police are allowed to operate anonymously without the moderating influence that comes from public oversight of their activities, officers could be effectively immunized from wrongdoing and able to act with impunity and in disregard of the civil rights of citizens.”
The Justice Department said in response to a Vice News request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) that Holder used the name “Lew Alcindor” in email conversations with his staffers. His own name does not appear in the emails.
The disclosure raises new questions about Obama administration officials’ email practices, following controversy over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s unconventional email setup.
Former Justice Department spokesman Brian Fallon had claimed last year that the nation’s former top lawyer used three different aliases while in office, one of which was undisclosed but based on the name of an athlete. The other two, Fallon said, were “Henry Yearwood” — a combination of names of Holder’s family members — and “David Kendricks” — from two members of the musical legends the Temptations.”
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com