- If you think people who hunt and fish without a license should get arrested, but people entering and remaining in the country illegally shouldn’t, you might be a Liberal.
- If you want kids to get their parents’ permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion, you might be a Liberal.
- If you believe you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government, you might be a Liberal.
- If you believe the government should prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but should give twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy leaders in the Middle East, you might be a Liberal.
- If you believe that in New York City you should buy TWO 16-ounce sodas, but not one 24-ounce soda, because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat, you might be a Liberal.
- If you believe that an 80-year-old woman confined to a wheelchair or a three-year-old girl can be strip-searched by the TSA at the airport, but a woman in a burka or a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched, you might be a Liberal.
- If you believe the best way for your government eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more, you might be a Liberal.
- If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is “cute” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable, you might be a Liberal.
- If you believe that hard work and success should be met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion, while not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones, you might be a Liberal.
- Just two months into 2016 and the Chicago homicide is over twice as high than the same time in 2015, according to Chicago Tribune reporting.
- On a recent weekend, four people were killed in the city and another two were killed the following Monday.
- 95 Chicago citizens have been killed so far this year vs. 47 in the same time frame last year.
- 420 people have been shot vs. only 193 for the same time period last year.
- 32 people in total had been shot the weekend before the Tribune reporting was published.
This map shows the homicide rates by Chicago police district. As you can see, much of the violence is focused in the southern part of Chicago. In fact, in some cases, southern Chicago police districts have a homicide rate that is more than SEVEN times higher than the homicide rate in some northern Chicago police districts.Now, logic would tell us that if the lack of gun control laws was the cause of the Chicago’s overall violence, wouldn’t there be a lot of violence all over the city and not just in the poorer sections of the city? But there isn’t. Maybe, just maybe, the cause of the higher gun violence and homicides has nothing to do with the lack of gun control laws but the lack of economic opportunity in the southern part of the city? Higher economic affluence (northern districts) = less violence, lower economic affluence (southern districts) = more violence.Maybe if the local politicians did more to enhance the economy of the southern districts and wasted less time harping on the need for unnecessary additional gun control measures, Chicago would not be the hotbed of violence it is today. That will do it for today’s political class insanity. Chicago politicians’ actions making the city more violent, the false reality of liberal politicians’ minds, a President who enacts legislation then ignores it like any good dictator would do, and a Secretary of State that continues to be clueless. More insanity tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com