As we have dove into the whole issue of manmade global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control of our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
Thus, let’s see the latest facts and science that prove you can be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, regardless of what Al Gore proclaims:
1) Terresa Monroe-Hamilton, writing for the I Have The Truth website on March 29, 2016, reviewed a recent research study that had been completed by a team of Canadian scientists. One of the more passionate arguments that global warming advocates put forth is that global warming is wiping out the polar bear populations since it is shrinking their habitat and leaving them no place to live.
Contrary to Al Gore types, the researchers found that:
- The world’s polar bear population is as big as it has been in the past 40 years.
- Specifically, the scientists concluded: “We see reason for concern, but find no reliable evidence to support the contention that polar bears are currently experiencing a climate crisis,” Canadian scientists wrote in their study, published in the journal Ecology and Evolution.
- After examining 13 polar populations, they found that “much of the scientific evidence indicating that some polar bear subpopulations are declining due to climate change-mediated sea ice reductions is likely flawed by poor mark–recapture sampling. We suggest that the qualitative projections for dramatic reductions in population numbers and range are overly pessimistic given the response of polar bears, climate, and sea ice to the present.”
2) A lot of global warming advocates point to this past hotter than usual summer to reiterate their claim that manmade global warming is real. It is somewhat ironic that they refer back to a global warming position after the abandoned that position and rebranded their effort “climate change” when it turned out that global warming stopped about twenty years ago. Nonetheless, we have already shown that a large El Nino effect was the cause of the hotter than normal summer temperatures.
But if global warming advocates want to play the weather card, consider the following recent USA Today:
- Last week the mountains in Hawaii were expected to get three feet of snow in total.
- Yes, three FEET, not three inches....in Hawaii.
- Two feet were already on the ground, with another foot forecasted.
- While snow is not a rarity at the top of Hawaiian peaks, three FEET of snow is.
One other weather tidbit, as I write this, the Minneapolis area this weekend will like see temperatures dip below zero degrees without taking into account the wind chill factor, cold even for this northern area. Imagine how cold it would be without global warming! [sarcasm]
3) If you are a Wall Street Journal subscriber, which I am not, I would like to refer you to one of their recent articles which is available in its totality only by being subscriber. The October 31, 2016 article by Harrison H. Schmitt and Rodney W. Nichols was entitled, “The Phony War Against CO2 - Increased atmospheric carbon dioxide has helped raise global food production and reduce poverty.” I am assuming they are reiterating a point we have made several times in previous posts, namely that the increased amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has actually helped “green up” the earth and made food more plentiful and less expensive, two great trends to have.
Thus, if having more CO2 in the atmosphere has not increased global warming, given the flatlining of the earth’s temperature increases over the past twenty years but has increased the availability of food for the world’s starving, why are Al Gore and others so keen on dropping temps, making energy more expensive, and reducing our freedoms, all in the name of global warming?
4) James Taylor, writing recently for Forbes, highlighted some of the latest data from NASA regarding polar ice, data that would not make Al Gore smile:
- The latest data from NASA’s satellites show that the Earth’s polar ice caps have not receded to any degree since NASA’s satellites began tracking ice caps since 1979.
- Since the end of 2012, area of polar ice has remained ABOVE the post 1979 average.
- The NASA satellite data show that from 1979 since about 2005, the ice area stayed about the same.
- But starting in 2005 and for several following years, the polar ice declined by about 10% relative to the 1979 baseline measurements.
- However, by late 2012 the polar ice fields had started to rebound quickly and by May, 2015 the NASA data showed the polar ice fields were about 5% higher than the post 1979 average.
That will do it for another day where we show that it is perfectly sane to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science. More science and realities tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: