As we have dove into the whole issue of manmade global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control of our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
Thus, let’s see the latest facts and science that prove you can be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, regardless of what Al Gore proclaims:
1) Two days ago we discussed the reality that the latest climate satellite data from NASA shows that if anything, the polar ice sheets could be as much as 5% larger than they were in 1979 when this data began being tracked. This, of course, is completely contrary to global warming theory that says 37 years worth of carbon being released into the atmosphere by mankind should have greatly reduced, if not melted, all of the polar ice caps.
As a followup to that discussion, Michael Bastasch, writing for the Daily Caller website on November 25, 2016, pointed out that:
- The Antarctic ice sheet is a about the same size it was one hundred years ago.
- That is the conclusion of researchers that have been reading and analyzing the accounts from a south pole expedition that was led by explorer Ernest Shackleton in 1917 and other early 20th century explorers.
- Head researcher Jonathan Day and his team concluded that the current Antarctic sea ice “is just 14 per cent smaller than at the highest point of the 1900s and 12 per cent bigger than than the lowest point.”
- This indicates that the Antarctic ice sheet has gone through cycles of shrinking and growing over the past 100 years despite mankind dumping an unknown amount of carbon into the atmosphere during that period.
- Also, according to Day: “We know that sea ice in the Antarctic has increased slightly over the past 30 years, since satellite observations began. Scientists have been grappling to understand this trend in the context of global warming, but these new findings suggest it may not be anything new.”
- The article goes on to point out that a 2015 NASA study showed that Antarctic’s ice sheet actually increased in mass from 1992 to 2008 during the height of the global warming hysteria.
So, more evidence that humanity knows very little about how nature works, humanity is even worse at predicting how nature works, and real data analyzed by real scientists shows that manmade global warming, assuming it it is not a myth, may not be anywhere close being as bad as Al Gore types claim it be be.
2) An article on the Defund website on December 12, 2016 reviewed some interesting and surprising data relative to solar panels, the darlings of the global warming advocate crew:
- A scientific study from Utrecht University, that was published in the science journal Nature, showed that on a long term basis, the use of solar panels actual has a bigger negative impact relative to global warming than a positive impact.
- The study examined 40 years worth of data and concluded that while more modern versions of solar panels might eventually have a net reduction in carbon emissions, most solar panels actually do not stay in use long enough to attain that net positive impact.
- The study looked at the entire solar panel production process, not just the endgame where only the clean solar energy that is generated is hyped by global warming advocates.
- That process included the incremental energy and carbon expended for mining materials that eventually go into the production and transportation of the final solar panel products.
- In a further hit against solar panels relative to global warming, the study estimated that while the annual carbon emissions in the U.S. have gone about 21% since 2007, only 1% of that decrease was because of the increased use of solar panels while 20% was a result of the country using more natural gas in place of coal, courtesy of fracking.
3) Michael Bastasch, writing for the Daily Caller News Foundation, reviewed how the Obama administration is spending billions of taxpayer dollars on global warming projects and programs. When reviewing the article highlights below, keep in mind that we have already discussed the reality that when Americans are asked to rank order the most important issues in their lives today, global warming usually ranks behind about two dozen other issues and challenges facing Americans.
Despite the low ranking of importance of global warming, consider some of the expensive shenanigans that the Obama administration has been up to lately:
- A group of Congressional members have asked the Obama administration for a complete accounting of how much taxpayer money is being spent on global warming programs and projects, as required by a 2015 law.
- This information was supposed to be given to Congress by last June but so far it has not happened.
- Back in 2013 the Obama administration told Congress that it had spent $22.2 billion on global warming efforts that included scientific research, international climate assistance and green energy technology subsidies.
- In 2013, that was about twice as much that was spent on customs and border enforcement efforts.
- The Congressional Research Service reported back in 2013 that the Federal government had spent an amazing $77 billion over the previous five years.
Imagine how many veterans could have gotten the needed medical care they need and were promised for $77 billion, how many hungry Americans could have been fed for $77 billion, how many homeless Americans could have gotten shelter and job training for $77 billion, and put that in perspective on how little society got back from the Obama administration spending $77 billion chasing a potential myth called global warming.
That will do it for this today’s and this month’s discussion on how it is perfectly sane and rational to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science. Today we showed how some science realities are showing that polar ice activity is not consistent with global warming adovcates’ views that global warming is having catastrophic negative impacts at the poles, that solar panels are not the salvation from CO2 emissions that some Al Gore types claim they are, and that the Obama administration has spent tens of billions of dollars on an issue that has very little importance to Americans. More myth busting next month.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: