- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control of our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
- In order to get enough Congressional votes back in 1990 to pass some amendments to the Clean Air Act, Congressman Henry Waxman cut a deal with the corn industry.
- In exchange for their support of the amendments he wanted to get enacted, he promised that the Washington political class would force American drivers to use gasoline in their cars that had been diluted with ethanol biofuels, mostly ethanol from corn.
- Obviously the corn industry was thrilled to get this forced onto American drivers since it opened up a new market for their products even if it was a market that made no sense.
- Thus, the real reason for ethanol and the resultant industry had little to do with global warming, it was purely a tit for tat deal between politicians and a whole industry.
- Meanwhile, the oil and auto industries had been working and researching hard to find a way to meet clean air emissions requirements that Washington was likely to impose on them and then take their findings and research and give it to the Federal government to use.
- According to O’Keefe: “The two industries briefed Congress on the research and made one primary request: set emission standards to achieve Clean Air Act objectives but give the two industries the freedom to determine how best to achieve them.”
- But rather use what may have been a better alternative that was uncovered by their research, their effort was rejected out of hand because Washington politicians had already cut a deal with the corn lobby, a deal that turned out to be a bad deal for the taxpayers, gas consumers, food consumers, and the environment.
- The Manhattan Institute published some research in 2015 that concluded just in 2013 the ethanol scam cost consumers $10.6 in one year and about $200 billion since the Congressional ethanol mandate.
- Mr. Puissegur starts off with the abstract of a paper done by a scientist named Nasif Nahle: “Scientific studies have shown that atmospheric Carbon Dioxide in past eras reached concentrations that were 20 times higher than the current concentration. Recent investigations have shown that the current change of climate is part of a larger cycle known as climatic lowstand phase which precedes a sequential warming period known as transgression phase. The purpose of this evaluation is to demonstrate that the Earth is actually cooling, in the context of the total geological timescale, and that the current change is equivalent to a serial climate phase known as lowstand.”
- He then goes on to describe the extensive research done by Dr. Friedrich Karl Ewert, a geologist and data computation expert.
- Ewert went through all of NASA’s temperature data series that were taken from 1153 weather stations from around the world, starting with data gathered in 1881.
- His analysis of all of the raw data shows that the earth has actually been cooling since 1940 even though NASA’s “adjusted” data shows warming over that same time period.
- Which brings up a problem: do you believe the actual, real data or believe detail that has been “massaged” by government officials? Remember the old saying: “If you torture the data long enough it will tell you anything you want.”
- Specifically, he found that between 2010 and 2012 the data since 1881 were changed in order to show a substantial warming in the earth’s temps, particularly after 1950, a warming that does not appear in the raw data.
- Ewert’s analysis of the raw data showed that the surface temperature of the world from 1940 has fallen dropped by 1.10 degrees C and since 2000 it has dropped by .4223 degrees C.
- Regionally, the drop was all over the world with the exception of Australia which went up .6339 degrees C since 2000.
- The article accuses scientists at NASA’s GISS agency, James Hansen and Gavin Schmidt, of making the adjustments in order to show a warming trend where there was not one in the raw data.
- Their adjustments included the following: reducing the annual mean in the early phase, reducing the high values in the first warming phase, increasing individual values during the second warming phase, suppression of the second cooling phase starting in 1995, shortening the early decades of the datasets, and with the long-term datasets, even the first century was shortened.
- I do not know what all those adjustments are but it seems to indicate that Ewert did an extensive analysis of the adjustments that were made.
- U.S. meteorologists,Joseph D’Aleo and Anthony, are also cited in the article because they “examined 6,000 NASA weather stations and found a host of irregularities, both with the way they were cited and how the raw data had been adjusted to reflect such influences as the Urban Heat Island effect.”
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: