But I doubt it. Even if Trump is truly a different type of President, he is still fighting over 500 embedded and entrenched politicians in Congress and thousands and thousands of government bureaucrats who will not go peacefully into the night for the good of the country. I wish him well and hopefully he can fix at least some of the myriad of problems the American political class creates everyday but until then, enjoy the latest political class insanity from Washington and beyond:
1) Earlier this month we reviewed a series of posts where we proved that the Obama administration could have been the worst administration in my lifetime. That seven part series started at the following link:
The present administration was so bad that the Democrats, of which President Obama and Vice President Biden are the de facto leaders, just got their hats handed to them in early November when the Republicans took control of both houses of Congress and the Presidency. One would think that the message would have gotten across that Obama and Biden have not been good for either the country or the Democratic Party.
But apparently that reality did not yet reach Joe Biden. According to a December 5, 2016 NewsMax article by Solange Reyner, Biden recently announced that he could very well run for President in 2020 to oppose Donald Trump. A few real pieces of insanity with this vain wish:
- The Obama administration has not ended yet and already he is talking about the next Presidential race: hasn’t the country suffered enough and doesn’t it need some time to recover?
- Biden is currently 74 years old and would be 78 years old in 2020. Nothing about older Americans but I am not sure that a 78 year old could withstand the pressures and stress of being President.
- Who says anyone wants Biden as President? He has already run and failed twice to become President, never getting past the Democratic nominating process.
- And the biggest question of all, who even thinks that he is qualified, based on the past quotes of idiocy he has uttered:
Included in those quotes is his infamous racist quote where he avows that every 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts location is owned and operated by someone of Indian descent who speaks with an Indian accent. Hasn’t the country suffered enough with Joe Biden front and center?
2) Remember when Obama promised he would not take any vacations if elected President, that he would devote 24 hours of every day to the affairs and welfare of Americans, sacrificing vacations to do so:
That assertion almost looks comical now in light of a recent Washington Examiner article by Paul Bedard on December 5, 2016, an article that reported that the Obama family has already spent over $85 million on family travel and vacations over the past eight years, averaging well over $10 million a year in taxpayer funded vacations:
- The government watchdog group, Judicial Watch, has been tracking Obama's vacations since day one.
- The last Obama family Christmas trip to Hawaii cost almost $5 million and with the family planning to return to Hawaii this Christmas season the possibility of the Obama First Family spending $90 million on vacations is a real possibility.
- These costs do NOT include the costs of positioning ships and aircraft in the area for protection of any incremental communications costs.
- Judicial Watch: “Judicial Watch announced today that it obtained records from the U.S. Secret Service revealing that its travel expenses for the First Family's 2015 Hawaiian vacation cost taxpayers $1.2 million, which bring the total cost of the vacation trip to at least $4.8 million. This was the Obamas' eighth Hawaiian family vacation. The trip has become an annual event for the Obamas. To date, Obama's and his family's travel expenses total at least $85,029,819.”
- Just the Secret Service costs of the Obamas’ Hawaiian vacations come out to over $1.2 million per year.
- The Secret Service rented 103 cars for the Obamas’ most recent Hawaiian vacation at a cost of $165,893.88.
3) We have often and tragically pointed out how Chicago has the the some of the toughest gun control laws in the country but still has some of the highest murder and violent crime rates in the country, leading one to hypothesize that having strong gun control laws actually contributes to more violence and higher crime rates.
This hypothesis gets stronger every week when we often report on the carnage and victim toll from gun violence in Chicago. Nick Kangadis, writing for the MRCTV website on December 5, 2016, recently tallied up the latest death toll:
- So far in 2016 Chicago has had almost double the number of shooting victims than New York City and L.A. combined.
- This comparison was done based on statistics compiled by the Chicago Police Department and the Chicago Tribune.
- Through November 27, 2016 Chicago had experienced 3,289 shooting incidents which resulted in 4,122 people being killed or wounded in those shooting incidents.
- During that same period, New York City had experienced 907 shooting incidents and 1,077 shooting victims.
- L.A. does not shoot incidents but did report during the same period that there had been 1,063 shooting victims.
- Thus, the combined shooting victim count of New York City and L.A. of 2,140 is just barely over half of Chicago’s 4,122 shooting victims.
Oh, as an update, in the first weekend in December another three Chicago residents were killed and 28 more wounded. The good news is that these numbers are down from the Thanksgiving weekend before when 9 people were killed and 60 were wounded. The bad news is that the relatively light carnage in the first weekend in December was likely caused by a heaving snowfall on Sunday which may have suppressed the killing and wounding.
4) And if the news that Joe Biden thinks he is a viable Presidential candidate in 2020 seems quite delusional, consider what are favorite inane quote machine Nancy Pelosi recently said on Face The Nation regarding the national and voter mood that was manifested in the November elections:
Face The Nation Host: “The Democratic Party is in a moment of questioning about its identity. You were reelected to lead the Democrats in the House. What do you tell Democrats who want a new direction and then, go to you, what are you going to do differently?”
PELOSI: “Well, I don’t think people want a new direction.
Let’s review, Ms. Pelosi: The Democrats are so inept that they allowed a total political novice, Donald Trump, to beat a former Senator, former Secretary of State and former First Lady. The Democrats are so inept that they have allowed the Republicans to take control of both houses in Congress for the first time in ten years. If Democrats do not want a new direction than that is the height of insanity, especially if they look at what has happened since 2008, a time period where you were either the Speaker of the House of the Minority leader in the House:
That will do it for today’s insanity. Two fading politicians, Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi, who are delusionally out of touch with reality, a President who somehow averages $10 million a year in taxpayer funded vacations even though he promised never to take a vacation, and Chicago politicians still without an answer to the carnage in the strictest gun control city in America.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: