- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating healthcare costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high healthcare costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
You cannot resolve any problem unless you understand and address the underlying root causes. No difference here: Obama Care legislation never addressed these listed root causes and thus, has no chance of ever being successful.
- According to a recent study by the American Cancer Society, a whopping 30% of all cancer deaths in the country are related to tobacco use.
- 167,000 Americans over the age of 35 die every year from smoking.
- Three quarters of these deaths are related to lung cancer caused by smoking but at least 11 other fatal diseases that occur in the kidneys, bladder, and liver are also caused by smoking.
- And you can bet that a lot of medical resources and costs were expended prior to these 167,000 deaths, resources that are costly and expensive and which drive up overall healthcare costs in this country.
- 34% of deaths in American men are due to smoking.
- The National Research Council estimates that the cost of supporting an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in this country is about $346 billion annually.
- If we assume there are about 125 million U.S. households, than theoretically, every American household pays about $2,800 every year to provide medical care, housing, education, and police protection to the 11 million illegal immigrants.
- This is $2,800 that an average American household cannot spend on the needs of their own family including their own healthcare and health insurance needs.
- The center For Immigration Studies estimates that $4.3 billion a year is spent to provide medical treatment for illegal immigrants just by the use of emergency rooms and free clinics, the $4.3 billion does not include the billions more incurred by hospitals and inpatient care.
- In a 2010 analysis, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission found that an estimated $717 million in uncompensated medical care was incurred by undocumented immigrants just in the state’s public hospital districts that included 99 facilities.
- That same report showed that prenatal care for the unborn children of low-income women who were undocumented immigrants just in Texas was $118 million.
- Effective immediately repeal any requirement that anyone has to buy health insurance or any mandate that any employer purchase it for him.
- Let people choose how much insurance they want and repeal the Obama Care requirement that everyone buy expensive, full soup-to-nuts coverage.
- Continue Obama Care requirements that bar discrimination against people with pre-existing conditions and that make parental plans cover children through age 26.
- Make health insurance premiums deductible on Federal tax forms
- Allow inter-state competition among insurance firms to broaden choice and reduce costs
- Continue subsidies to those who qualify --whether or not they buy policies through the Obama Care exchanges.
- Let people keep their Obama Care policies if they like them.
In other words, let the market dictate what products and services people want rather than the bureaucrats in Washington and their high paid consultants. This approach protects those currently covered by Obama Care policies but allows them a wider array of policies that may better suit their specific needs and affordability levels.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: