- The Pentagon had tied to hide an internal study that identified a whopping $125 billion in “administrative waste” in its business functions and operations.
- They tried to hide the findings in order to not give Congress an excuse to clean up its act or cut its budget.
- The original study was supposed to identify ways to be more administratively efficient in order to funnel those efficiency savings back into combat operations but the findings were so bad that the decision was made to try and hide the findings.
- This waste comes out to roughly about $1,050 for every American household.
- Dr. Carson is an African-American so I would think that he would be sensitive to minority communities.
- Dr. Carson actually grew up poor and living in public housing so he knows firsthand what is is like to live in a HUD facility, an experience that I bet no other HUD head ever had.
- Dr. Carson is a former brain surgeon, I bet he is smart enough to work through issues and problems, smarter than most people serving in Congress and that his work ethic is high above most of the rest of the world. You do not become a renowned brain surgeon by sliding by.
- Back in December, 2006, the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), a U.S. government financial institution, approved a plan to build a 209 room, five star hotel and apartment complex next to the U.S. embassy in the capital of Afghanistan.
- This was supposed to be a cornerstone of the country’s post war reconstruction program.
- Ten years later, millions and millions of dollars later, the only thing to show for the effort is a “ghost hotel.”
- According to the Office of the Special Inspector General For Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), $85 million in taxpayer wealth has been lost because of “troubling management practices and lax oversight.”
- And expenses for the doomed project continue to go on to pay for security for the failed effort since it is right across the street from the U.S. embassy.
- "The Marriott Hotel Kabul is emblematic of our reconstruction efforts in Afghanistan,” Special Inspector General John Sopko told FoxNews.com. “Great ideas, tons of money, poor execution and no oversight create incredible opportunities for fraud."
- Although tens of millions of dollars were wasted during the Bush administration, additional tens of millions of dollars continued to be wasted deep into the Obama administration.
- According to SIGAR inspector,the $85 million got U.S. taxpayers a building with major cracks in the roof, damaged fireproofing, demolished walls, uninstalled doors and windows, and incomplete water and electrical systems.
- In addition, “The SIGAR inspectors accused OPIC of not doing enough to monitor the construction on-site and taking the builder’s status reports at face value. OPIC accepted either invoices or receipts as proof to demonstrate how the loan proceeds had been spent,” they wrote. “However, without on-site verification of activities and progress, neither the invoices nor receipts required by OPIC provided sufficient evidence to support purported purchases.”
- The labor participation rate is at 40 year lows despite six years of the Obama recovery.
- The average/median household income and wage levels have remained stagnant for most of the Obama recovery.
- Millions of Americans cannot find a full time job, settling for part time employment, despite the Obama recovery.
- A record 94 million American adults are NOT in the labor force despite the Obama recovery.
- More than everAmericans over the age of 65 are still in the workforce, likely because they need the money despite the Obama recovery.
- More Americans under the age of 30 are still living with their parents because they cannot find good enough jobs to live on their despite the Obama recovery.
- The country’s annual GDP levels have never attained even the historical level of growth despite the Obama recovery.
- The U-6 unemployment rate is a more accurate measure of unemployment in today’s economy, not the U-3 unemployment rate that Obama likes to tout because so many American adults have dropped out of the workforce because they became too discouraged to look for a job.
- The better U-6 measure currently stands at around 9.3% about double the U-3 rate, a spread that is at historical highs, not unexpected given that the labor participation rate is at such a low level.
- There are a whopping 6 million Americans working part time who desire full time work but cannot find it, the highest level in 30 years.
- According to Mr.Lawrence: “Many economists have begun referring to a “new normal” in the US labor market — a permanently high number of under-employed part-timers.”
- Since most part time workers earn less than full time workers, it is no surprise that wage and income levels have remained stagnant for most of the Obama recovery.
- The labor participation rate has continued to decline steeply throughout the entire Obama recovery, to steep to be explained away by Baby Boomer retiring from the workforce, especially since a record number of Americans over the age of 65 have decided to stay in the workforce.
- The Federal Reserve predicts that the labor participation rate will continue to decline if nothing changes in Washington, getting down to a depressing 61% by 2022.
- And whatever jobs the Obama recovery created have usually been lower wage jobs with the economy seeing a net loss of one million higher paying jobs through 2014 in market segments such as accounting and legal, but seeing a net gain of two million jobs in low paying market segments such as fast food locations, another factor in stagnant wages and income.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: