To review past posts on this insanity and idiocy, just click on the first few posts in each month listed to the right of this page. After reviewing just a handful of these insanity posts we think you will agree that we are currently being served by the worst set of American politicians ever to hold office in our entire history.
It looks like our politicians have been especially insane over the past month or so let’s get started with the latest insanity from today’s American politicians:
1) We have often reviewed how the Obama administration had some of the most favorable economic tailwinds when it came to getting a recovery started after the last recession:
- The administration launched a massive (and failed) economic stimulus program that cost the American taxpayer well over $800 billion.
- The energy market experienced a massive and historic drop in energy prices that should have fueled other consumer and business segments of the economy.
- The Federal Reserve pumped trillions of fake dollars into the economy.
- The Wall Street Journal recently published data which shows the Obama recovery was the weakest recovery since at least World War II.
- Despite it being seven years since the last recession, this recovery has created less economic growth than previous, shorter business recession recoveries.
- The average annual economic growth during the Obama recovery has been only 2.1% despite the above tailwinds, far below the historical average of over 3%, according to the latest data from the Commerce Department.
- Only one previous economic recovery did not attain a 3% average growth rate but that was over only six years, not the already seven years of the Obama recovery.
- And news last week was not much better, showing that the economy grew at a 1.2% annual rate in the second quarter of this year.
2) Many Democrats are very vocal when the assert that the Federal minimum wage needs to be raised to $15 an hour. We pointed out many times in this blog, highlighting areas in the country that have already dramatically raised the minimum wage, that this type of economic nonsense may raise the wage rate for some people but it eliminates jobs for many others altogether: the good news is that your wages went up. The bad news is there are not any jobs available for you at the new wage rate.
But today’s discussion is not about bad economic policy but rather Democratic hypocrisy. They want to raise the minimum wage to $15 but they did not display that kind of generosity during their recent Presidential campaign:
- The Democratic National Committee had to resort to hiring part time people to fill the seats at their recent convention, according to the website, www.constitution.com.
- But rather than putting their money where their mouth was, they paid the temporary hires only $50 for seven hours work.
- This comes out to about $7.14 an hour, less than half of the minimum wage rate they constantly scream about.
- To add insult to injury, anyone who took the job for $7.14 an hour could not leave their seat even for a bathroom break.
- This hypocrisy was advertised online with the following Craigslist screen shot of the ad:
Typical political class hypocrisy. You have to have Obama Care and the badness that it is but we do not. You cannot do insider stock trading but we can. You have to pay workers $15 an hour but we do not. Pathetic set of people.
- Interpol recently proclaimed that allowing citizens to carry guns in public is the most effective way to prevent terrors attacks.
- Notice how Interpol did not say that making increasingly difficult for Americans to carry guns in public was an effective way to prevent terror attacks.
- ABC News recently interviewed Interpol Secretary General Ronald Noble:
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: