To review past posts on this insanity and idiocy, just click on the first few posts in each month listed to the right of this page. After reviewing just a handful of these insanity posts we think you will agree that we are currently being served by the worst set of American politicians ever to hold office in our entire history.
It looks like our politicians have been especially insane over the past month or so let’s get started with the latest insanity from today’s American politicians:
1) We talked a little bit yesterday on gun control and how the international police organization, Interpol, recommends that arming citizens may be the best way to fight terrorism. But Democrats such as Obama and Hillary Clinton continue to push for many measures that make it harder and harder for Americans to exercise their Second Amendment rights to protect themselves and their families.
One inane proposal is to prevent anyone that is on the Federal government’s terror no-fly list from purchasing a firearm. This may seem like a rational idea on the surface until you realize that the terror no-fly list is a joke. First, once you on the list, even if it was some kind of major mistake, there is very little one can do to get off the list, there is no due process or legal recourse.
We once reported how the parents of a four year old toddler had fought the government for over three years to get their six month son, at the time, off of the terror no-fly list. Thus, no due process and six month old babies being put on the list, what a mess and what a horrible process to even propose to shred the Second Amendment.
But the Daily Wire website recently published a list of thirteen Americans who somehow found themselves mistakenly placed on the terror no-fly list, people that are obviously not terrorists but who illustrate how screwed up this Federal government process is:
1. Democratic Congressmen John Lewis - apparently he was added to the list in 2004 even though he was a sitting Congressman. He tried for four years to get off of the list and was stopped by airport security 35 to 40 times a year when he tried to fly. If it takes a Congressman four years to get off the list, imagine how long it would take for an ordinary American to get off the list once he or she was mistakenly placed on it.
2. Senator Ted Kennedy - The Washington Post reported that Kennedy was stopped five times in just the single month of March, 2005 for being on the no-fly list.
3. CNN Reporter Drew Griffin - he claims the was placed on the list shortly after he began a reporting series on the failures of the TSA. Which raises another potential or maybe actual abuse of the process: making life uncomfortable for your political enemies and critics.
4. 8-year-old Cub Scout Mikey Hicks and his father, who share the same name - Hicks’ mother was not happy when they found out at the airport that her Boy Scout son was on the terror no-fly list: “Up your arms, down your arms, up your crotch — someone is patting your 8-year-old down like he’s a criminal. A terrorist can blow his underwear up and they don’t catch him. But my 8-year-old can’t walk through security without being frisked.”
5. Journalist Stephen Hayes of the Weekly Standard
6. Lyman Latin, a disabled U.S. Marine veteran - This mistake made him unable to get a Veterans Administration disability evaluation completed because he could not get on a plane to fly out of Egypt and come home.
7. 6-year-old Alyssa Thomas from Ohio
8. A two-year-old child - As reported by The Huffington Post in 2012, an unnamed (for reasons of anonymity) two-year-child was classified as a suspected terrorist.
9. Former Air National Guard brigadier general, James Robinson - Although the TSA certified Robinson as being allowed to carry a weapon into the cockpit of a plane as part of the Fed’s airpolane defense program, he found that he was not even allowed on a plane since he some how ended up on the terror no-fly list despite the TSA’s own weapons certification for him.
10. Third-grader James Robinson - Maybe former Air National Guard brigadier general James Robinson was mistaken for another James Robinson who ended up on the no-fly list, third grader James Robinson, a known and notorious terrorist.
11. Former U.S. attorney James Robinson
12. Actor David Nelson - CNN claims that the late actor and producer, who starred on ABC's "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet” as a child, was added to the terror watch list.
13. Yusuf Islam, the singer formerly known as Cat Stevens - the singer was denied entry to the U.S. from England because he ended up on the no-fly list. I admit he did not produce the greatest music of all time that is no reason to put him on the no-fly list.
You get the idea, the no-fly list is a joke in that it has no due process to fix mistakes, it apparently has no good process to determine who gets on the list, it has the potential to be used for political payback and revenge, and if those on the list were denied their Second Amendment rights before all of the broken processes were fixed, not only would the Fifth Amendment be violated but also the Second Amendment would be violated. Despite all of this nonsense, you can expect some of the political class to create more problems for citizens by piggybacking on an existing government program that is broken. Insane.
2) In addition to gun control, we saw over the past Presidential primary season that many Democrats are supportive of instituting more socialism into this country. This new found, silly infatuation for socialism was mainly generated by Bernie Sanders and his followers.
We have often pointed out how the whole concept of socialism is being tested and shown to be massively defective in the country of Venezuela. For awhile now, there has been a massive shortages of consumer goods, e.g. food and such necessities as toilet paper, and inflation has soared to ridiculous heights. Political opposition has been suppressed and freedoms have been decimated. This is the type of world that some Democrats want to bring to this country.
But the latest news out of the country makes socialism look even worse. Once the free market collapsed under government socialistic mandates, food became very scarce and very expensive. It got so bad that many Venezuelans left the country just to buy food and other simple household necessities.
The food situation has gotten so bad that the government down here recently mandated, according to reporting by CNBC, that: “The government of Venezuela has issued a decree that “effectively amounts to forced labor” in an attempt to fix a spiraling food crisis, according to a new report from Amnesty International.
A Venezuelan ministry last week announced Resolution No. 9855, which calls for the establishment of a “transitory labor regime” in order to relaunch the agricultural and food sector. The decree says that the government must do what is “necessary to achieve strategic levels of self-sufficiency,” and states that workers can be forcefully moved from their jobs to work in farm fields or elsewhere in the agricultural sector for periods of 60 days.”
Yes, socialism is so good that we are bringing back slavery to show how good it is working out. Insane, and to think that Bernie and his supporters got pretty close to being the Democrats’ Presidential nominee.
3) One last piece of insanity for today. Yesterday, we discussed the reality that Obama’s handling of the economy after a recession has resulted in the worst post recession recovery since at least World War II. This point was driven home yesterday by a lot of government statistics.
Today, we will use data from a study done by the McKinsey Global Institute, as reported by Buzzfeed. According to their findings, a whopping two thirds of households in 25 advanced economies, including the U.S., earned the same or less in real income on average in 2014 vs. what they earned in 2005.
Since we have already shown different sources of data which illustrate the same thing, namely that American households have lived through stagnant wages and earnings over the past eight years or so, i.e. during the Obama administration, this data appears to support our thesis that Obama and the Washington political class, along with the politicians around the world, have no idea how to create economic conditions that produce a robust climate for healthy economic growth.
The numbers do not lie. Despite a massive and failed stimulus program, record low energy costs, and massive Fed monetary stimulation, Obama and the rest of Washington failed to deliver the economic results they promised.
That is enough insanity for today: more failed economic programs, the return of slavery via socialism, and why the no-fly list and gun control are just a stupid pairing to even consider. More insanity tomorrow.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: