Let’s take a look at what is going on down on the border and as a result of a porous border and then we can decide who is right relative to the need for a secure border, Trump or the Democrats:
1) According to a recent article by Alex Pfeiffer, writing for the Daily Caller website, Mexican drug cartels are driving up the crime rate in major and minor American cities by flooding our cities with cheap, powerful heroin. An FBI report that was released back in May concluded that the spike in murder rates in more than 20 American cities was due to cartel heroin pushing: “I don’t know what the answer is, but holy cow, do we have a problem,” FBI Director Jim Comey stated at the time.
Additional findings from the FBI study found that:
- Chicago, the home of two rival Mexican cartels, the Sinola Cartel and the Beltran-Levya cartel, will likely finish 2016 with 550 homicides at the current rate of carnage.
- Las Vegas also has experienced a large jump in murders and it hosts three Mexican drug cartel branches.
- An analysis of the data found that there was a strong correlation between the number of drug cartels operating in a city and the increase in murders.
- Heroin usage in this country is at a 20 year high and the United Nations reports that heroin related deaths have increased by a factor of five since the year 2000.
- And that heroin flow now belongs to the Mexican cartels.
2) And while murder rates have been going up for a little while in American cities, other violent crimes have also been going up. We have already covered this Obama administration foolish idiocy previously, but it bears repeating today, given our theme of this post. Elizabeth Harrington, writing for the Washington Free Beacon on July 14, 2016, reported that the Obama administration has released 86,228 criminal illegal immigrants onto the streets of America.
These 86,228 criminals had committed 231,074 crimes including sexual assaults, kidnappings, and murders. So even though the Feds had these people in custody, people that were both criminals and here illegally, most of whom probably came across our porous border, they still released these criminals onto the streets of America. Is it any surprise that crime rates are rising all over America as a root cause of a non-secure border?
These findings were exposed during an Obama administration official testifying in front of Congress. Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz reported during the Congressional hearing: “In the last year alone, ICE, Immigration Customs Enforcement, released—keep in mind these people committed crimes or were convicted of these crimes, they’re in our possession and we release them out into the public—19,723 criminal aliens, who among them had 64,197 convictions, including 934 sex offenses, 804 robberies, 216 kidnappings, and 196 homicide-related convictions.”
The Congressman also stated the heartbreaking obvious: “How do you look the parents in the eye of somebody who was murdered—their son or daughter—because the government said, ‘Well, you know, it’s in the best interest to just let them go back into the public here in the United States.’”
Tragically, Chaffetz discussed to the situation of Casey Chadwick, an American citizen who was brutally murdered by an illegal immigrant in June 2015. That illegal immigrant had been previously convicted of attempted murder in 1997. The illegal immigrant stabbed Chadwick to death five months after his release from prison, was found guilty of murder and sentenced to 60 years in prison: “He should have automatically been deported back to his home country of Haiti after he was released from prison,” Chaffetz said. “But instead, he was released from custody because Haiti refused to take him back and we just accepted that.” And another American died.
3) But it is not just drug cartel violence and criminals we need to worry about because of a porous border and lousy immigration practices by the Obama administration. Bill Gertz, writing for the Washington Beacon on August 22, 2016, pointed out the recent government announcement that the drug cartels are working to smuggle Middle Eastern Sunni terrorists into the U.S. over the porous Mexican border.
The U.S. military’s Southcom Command recently issued an intelligence report via its J-2 intelligence organization that ‘“special interest aliens” are working with a known alien smuggling network in Latin America to reach the United States. The smuggling network was not identified.
Army Col. Lisa A. Garcia, a Southcom spokeswoman, did not address the intelligence report directly but said Sunni terrorist infiltration is a "security concern”: “Networks that specialize in smuggling individuals from regions of terrorist concern, mainly from the Afghanistan-Pakistan region, the Middle East, and East Africa, are indeed a concern for Southcom and other interagency security partners who support our country’s national security.”
While Obama and others like to downplay the illegal immigration problem, saying that these are just poor people looking for a better life, they are either lying or are out of touch with the reality uncovered by the Southcom Command, said one intelligence official of the Southcom report: “This makes the case for Trump’s wall. These guys are doing whatever they want to get in the country.”
But this Washington Free Beacon article is not the only report on the smuggling of potential terrorists into the country via Mexico. The Washington Times ran an article in June that an international alien smuggling operation in Brazil helped sneak illegal immigrants from Middle Eastern states to the United States, including an Afghan linked to a terror plot in North America. At least a dozen Middle East people reached the Western Hemisphere through this alien smuggling ring that facilitated travel to Mexico, the Times reported based on internal government documents.
That will do it for today but more discussion tomorrow on how the porous Mexican border is dangerous to ordinary Americans, be they addicted to and die from cheap Mexican heroin, the violence that kills Americans in our streets as a result of that heroin trade or they die or attacked from the Obama administration releasing known criminal illegal immigrants onto our streets, and how our porous border may get terrorists inserted into this country. Maybe that wall might not be a bad idea after all, if one cares about the safety of Americans.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com