To review past posts on this insanity and idiocy, just click on the first few posts in each month listed to the right of this page. After reviewing just a handful of these insanity posts we think you will agree that we are currently being served by the worst set of American politicians ever to hold office in our entire history.
It looks like our politicians have been especially insane over the past month or so. We thought were done with the insanity last week but a bunch more popped up that cannot wait until next month. This brings us to a total of nine days of insanity that gets us within the monthly record of ten days of insanity as we continue to be served by the worst set of Washington politicians….ever:
1) It’s been no secret that Obama has overseen the worst economic recovery in decades. Overall economic growth has set records of low growth, there are still over 45 million Americans on food assistance every month, wages and income levels have been flat, and the real unemployment rate is still over 9%.
This anemic performance has been attained despite spending over $800 billion on a failed a failed economic stimulus program, record low energy costs, and the Federal Reserve pumping trillions of fake dollars into the economy. Which leaves one of the prime culprits in the failure of Obamanomics being over regulation. We have already pointed out that this administration has already added tens of thousands of minor and major regulations which has acted like an anchor to the economy.
This point was recently driven home by an article by the American Action Forum organization:
- On average, during the Obama administration, the Federal government has instituted a major regulation every three days.
- A major regulation is defined by a regulation that will add over $100 million in costs to the economy.
- The American Action Forum has tracked the number of major regulations enacted by Obama and found that he has put forth 600 major regulations so far.
- During Bush’s entire Presidency the Federal government enacted only 426 major regulations over eight years while Obama has put forth 600 in less than eight years.
- And Obama is not done since his administration has many more major, economy killing regulations on deck including new greenhouse gas standards for heavy-duty trucks at a price tag of $31 billion, and efficiency standards for manufactured housing that will cost $4.1 billion.
- By the time he leaves office, Obama will have put forth about 641 major regulations that cost American businesses and consumers tens of billions of dollars every year for questionable or non-existent societal benefit.
2) Some political class insanity is so easy to identify. The following example of wasteful spending is one of those cases:
- The Federal government recently sent $450,000 of taxpayer wealth to Arizona State University to study whether air conditioning helps people when it is hot outside.
- Yes, we had to use tax dollars to verify what is obvious to everyone except those that work for the Federal government.
- Not unexpectedly, our favorite waster of taxpayer money, the National Science Foundation, was back in action, funding a study to create "a simulation platform to enhance infrastructure and community resilience to extreme heat events.”
- Other inane objectives include studying “factors including the types of homes people live in (and whether they have and use air conditioning),” things like “shading, landscaping and material choice” and how that relates to “how people experience heat indoors,” and researchers will also compare heat tolerability between different “work situations” like an “air conditioned office versus [an] outdoor worker” to figure out who deals with heat better.
3) First, hackers hacked into Hillary Clinton’s private server and got access to top secret and secret government documents that have likely resulted in people getting killed and secret government information getting into the hands of foreign governments and enemies. The hackers cracked the computers of the Democratic National Committee and we found out how the Democrats rigged the election process and democracy to make sure that their preferred candidate got the nomination.
And now, according to a Washington examiner article by Anna Giaritelli on August 12, 2016, hackers hacked the computers of the Democratic National Committee back in June and got access to confidential information on all Democrats in Congress. This confidential information included the personal phone numbers and private email addresses of these Democrats’ Congressional offices and information on the political action committees supporting each of these politicians.
At best, these Congressional members are about to get a lot of unwanted phone calls and email from the publication of this information. At worst, who knows what else the hackers got from the Democrats’ computer systems that may endanger people’s lives and government secrets.
And these people want to serve the country and all of its citizens when they have failed at least three times, in just a matter of a few months, to protect the personal, confidential, and national security information they were entrusted to protect. Insanity.
4) A recent article by David Ruiz for the Washington Free Beacon discussed how a current U.S. Senator, Claire McCaskill, boldly claimed that no favors or special treatment was done for people who donated money to the Clinton Foundation. But according to Mr. Ruiz: “After McCaskill claimed there were no pay-for-play favors done by Clinton’s State Department for Foundation donors, host Chris Wallace brought up the appointment of securities trader Rajiv Fernando, a seven-figure donor to the Clinton Foundation, to the International Security Advisory Board, a decision that had many staffers inside the State Department baffled.”
Which certainly sounds like there was a special treatment example, to which McCaskill tried to spin this situation: “I’m not sure that was a good idea. On the other hand, I think everyone glosses over the fact that this Foundation was doing charitable work around the world.” Oh, so now I understand, it is okay to break the law and cause massive conflict of interest as long as the law breaking charitable organization, the Clinton Foundation, does charitable work.
Fernando eventually resigned when ABC News started to investigate the obvious connection between giving to the Clinton Foundation and getting named to a government advisory board. Sorry Senator, not buying your spin or insanity, not when it is so easy to rebut your claims.
5) One last piece of insanity for this month. Senator Bernie Sanders made a spirited bid to upset Hillary Clinton and become the Democrats’ Presidential candidate. We now know that the entire Democratic Party infrastructure and executives undermined his effort with some really dirty politics so I feel a little bad about his gung ho effort.
But I always disagreed with his inane economic policies, which hovered between socialism and communism. He was constantly attacking the wealthy in this country and promoting the concept that rich people, no matter how hard they worked to get rich, deserved to have their wealth stripped by the government and given to the political class to manage. We have seen how poorly those economic concepts are working in Venezuela today as the citizens of that socialistic/communistic country has citizens that cannot find enough toilet paper to use and have to leave the country to find food.
But today we are not talking about political theories but about hypocrisies. Several months ago I looked up how much the Sanders household was worth, information that is readily available from different Internet sources. At that time, most sources estimated that he and his wife had a total net worth of about half a million dollars, a small fraction of the net worth of Hillary Clinton.
So at least at that time I gave him credit for fighting for the poor since relative to most politicians he was relatively poor. I recently did that same search and found that the estimates of his wealth were basically unchanged.
But times have changed. According to recent new reports including Daily Wire website reporting by Hank Berrien, Senator Sanders recently purchased a $600,000 summer home somewhere in Vermont woods. And this is not a log cabin in the wilderness since according to Mr. Berrien, the home includes “four bedrooms and 500 feet of Lake Champlain beachfront.”
But the Senator also owns a house on Capitol Hill in DC, which you know costs a lot, and another house back in Burlington, Vermont. Which raises any number of questions and suspicions:
- Despite getting paid about $175,000 a year as a Senator, how does he afford up to three mortgages on three different homes, including one in one of the most expensive cities in the country?
- And we know his wife is no longer working, having been fired for bankrupting the small Vermont college she was in charge of.
- Is it possible that he was bought off to silently go away and not make any troubles for Hillary Clinton’s Presidential campaign?
- How can Sanders look himself in the face or any of his supporters after issuing the following quote during his campaign: "We must reject the foundations of this contemporary economy as immoral and unsustainable.”
Given that he now has three homes, the Senator seems to be doing very well in this “contemporary economy,” despite railing against the very person he has become. Millions of Americans in the 99% cannot afford a single home, never mind three, Senator. You are a hypocrite of the highest dimension.
Too much regulation, too much wasteful spending, too much hypocrisy, too much insanity.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: