To review past posts on this insanity and idiocy, just click on the first few posts in each month listed to the right of this page. After reviewing just a handful of these insanity posts we think you will agree that we are currently being served by the worst set of American politicians ever to hold office in our entire history.
It looks like our politicians have been especially insane over the past month or so let’s get started with the latest insanity from today’s American politicians:
1) We have been talking a lot over the past week on how valuable the Second Amendment is to freedom and how many liberal and Democratic politicians do not get that reality despite so much evidence to support that assertion. We talked about how Chicago is still rocked by gun violence every day despite having the strictest gun control laws around. We talked about how Interpol, the international police organization, has come out and stated that arming civilians in a responsible way is a great way to fight terrorism. We reviewed a recent survey of 15,000 law enforcement folks across the country who overwhelmingly supported concealed carry laws and efforts.
To that Second Amendment support, let’s review another recent survey of law enforcement people:
- MRCTV’s website recently reported on how a recent poll found that 76% of those polled in law enforcement believe that armed citizens reduce violent crime.
- Craig Bannister’s MTCTV article discussed the survey of the nation’s police chiefs in the 28th annual survey by the National Association of Chiefs of Police.
- Under 19% of those polled felt that armed citizens did not reduce crime, a ratio of about four to one in favor of armed citizens.
- Ironically, almost one in five police forces in the country actually sell guns to properly vetted civilians, using the guns they have confiscated from criminals.
- 86.4% “support nationwide recognition of state issued concealed weapon permits.”
2) To be honest, I watched very little of either Presidential convention, assuming that they would pay very little attention to the resolution of the major issues facing the country today. In reading press reports afterwards, it appears that my assumption was correct: lots of bluster, lots of self-congratulations, little in the way of issue discussion and problem solving.
But I did find an interesting fact about the Democratic convention in an article by the Daily Wire website after their convention had ended. Apparently, as we have pointed out many times in this blog, laws are mandatory of most of us but mere suggestions to the current set of politicians running the country.
Consider the large number of folks at the Democrat’s convention that a good argument can be made that they should have been possibly arrested and not feted during the convention:
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe has been under investigation by the FBI for over a year regarding possibly illegal campaign donations that were made to his governor’s campaign.
- AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka was once investigated by Congress for potential money laundering activities where he twice pleaded the Fifth Amendment, actions that should have had him removed as then union secretary-treasurer under union rules, rules that were rewritten to keep him in office.
- Congressman Joe Sweeney was investigated for an ethics probe due to shady fund raising before his vote on financial reform legislation.
- Connecticut Governor Daniel Malloy is under investigation in a state ethics probe because he appointed Katharine Wade as insurance commissioner who then became responsible for reviewing a merger involving the Cigna company even though Wade used to be a lobbyist for Cigna and Cigna may have contributed to political groups that involve Wade.
- Congresswoman Linda Sanchez had a former aide claim in February that Sanchez used taxpayer money for “campaigning and fundraising efforts” which has put Sanchez under investigation.
- Congresswoman Judy Chu received a stiff letter from the House Ethics Committee for "interfering with the Congressional investigation into her part in compelling staff members to conduct improper campaign functions while on government time."
- Former Attorney General Eric Holder was investigated for his role in the disastrous Operation Fast and Furious and was probably saved from prosecution because Obama invoked executive privilege. Congress did eventually find Holder in contempt for stonewalling their Fast and Furious investigation.
- Astrid Silva and Francisca Ortiz are illegal immigrants who should have been deported according to current law but the Democrats instead invited them to their national convention.
Oh, I forgot a person. Hillary Clinton, who should have been arrested and facing prosecution for her mishandling of top secret government information and secrets via her lax security precautions as Secretary of State, the potentially biggest criminal of both conventions.
Oh, I forgot another person. President Obama, whose secret payment of $400 million dollars in cold cash of various currencies done in the dark of the night without telling Congress or the American people, to the terrorist government of Iran, in exchange for the release of four innocent Americans the Iranians were holding, also known as ransom, likely broke multiple U.S. Federal laws regarding aiding and abetting terrorism.
3) Obviously, a lot of what we write about in this blog is depressing which is to be expected since we are currently be served by the most depressing, inept, and inane set of politicians in the history of the country. So let’s try and brighten things up a little right here with a parting shot from this month’s political class insanity series with a potentially bright political light.
Gary Johnson is a former governor of New Mexico and is the current Presidential candidate for the Libertarian Party. He was elected twice as a Republican governor in a traditional Democratic state. He represents a new way of thinking about our problems and the destruction of liberty by an overreaching and overbearing political class and Federal government bureaucracy.
And let’s face it, given the weak and anemic Obama economy, the failed foreign policies of both Republican and Democratic politicians, and the dangerous rise of terrorism, not to mention failing schools, lack of a national energy strategy, a crumbling physical infrastructure, etc., how much worse could it be if a Democrat or Republican did NOT win the Presidency this time around?
Stephanie Morrison, writing for the Odyssey Online website this past June, 2016 (https://www.theodysseyonline.com/5-reasons-gary-johnson-president), listed out five reasons why voting for Gary Johnson in November is a great idea. It is not insane and it is not wasting your vote. So if you are tired of being “Ready For Hillary” or “Make America Great Again,” slogans with no substance behind them, consider the following reasons why Johnson is actually NOT an insane vote this November:
June 13, 2016
5 Reasons To Vote For Gary Johnson As President
Be Libertarian with me and let's make America sane again.
Don't know who former Governor Johnson is? Well, here's a little summary about the libertarian candidate. Gary Johnson was the Republican governor of New Mexico from 1994-2003. Before venturing into politics, Johnson was an entrepreneur and business man, similar to the current GOP candidate, Donald Trump. He started his own construction business which later became one of the largest construction companies in the state of New Mexico.
What is so interesting about Johnson is his veto record. As Governor of New Mexico, Gary Johnson vetoed a total of 750 bills that were proposed. This is more vetoes than any other governor in United States history. You may be thinking, "Well, I don't want a president who vetoes everything," but hear me out. Johnson cut taxes 14 times while in office and he never once raised them. When he retired from his office in 2003, the state of New Mexico was one of only 4 states with a completely balanced budget. He also has one of the most successful job creating records of any US governor.
After Governor Johnson noticed the fall of the Republican party, he knew there was no way he could be a Democrat. Gary Johnson was, and still is socially liberal, while fiscally conservative. This is what the Republican party used to be. Now, these ideals are referred to as Libertarianism. The Libertarian party is the only party, other than the Republican and Democratic parties, whose nominee is guaranteed to be on the ballots in all 50 states. Yes, you read correctly. There will be three presidential candidates to chose from. Here are some reasons why you may want to vote for the Libertarian candidate this election.
1. When it comes to social issues, Gary Johnson agrees with Bernie Sanders 73% of the time.
Do you believe in a woman's right to chose, the legalization of marijuana or gay rights? If so, Johnson is the candidate for you. With Bernie Sanders slowly, but surely losing the Democratic nomination, you may believe that your only option is to vote for Hillary. I'm here to tell you that you have another option. Johnson believes in a small government. This means that the government would have no say in what you do with your life. He believes that as long as no harm is coming to others, American citizens should be able to act as they please.
While agreeing to legalize gay marriage in all 50 states, he also has said that he believes churches should have the right to deny performing these marriages. Quite frankly, Gary Johnson doesn't care if you get an abortion, smoke weed, or are homosexual. We have bigger problems to worry about.
2. He knows how to create a balanced budget.
Are you concerned about the 20 trillion dollars the US owes in debt? I sure am. That's why I am voting for Gary Johnson. Governor Johnson was able to create a balanced budget for the state of New Mexico as well as cut taxes. His business-like approach to economic issues is much more effective than a political approach. Johnson has already stated that his first act in office will be to create a "truly balanced budget." He has also pledged to veto any legislation that will involve deficit spending. Compared to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, Gary Johnson's economic plan is much more practical and well thought out.
3. He wants to cut government spending in all the right places.
One of the major ways Johnson wants to cut spending is to decrease the incarceration rates in the US. This country spends more money on imprisoning criminals than any other country. Johnson believes that the government has criminalized too many aspects of people's personal lives. Gary Johnson says "the failed War on Drugs is, of course, the greatest example. Well over 100 million Americans have, at one time or another, used marijuana. Yet, today, simple possession and use of marijuana remains a crime — despite the fact that a majority of Americans now favor its legalization." Another way Johnson plans to cut spending is by increasing retirement age and cutting funding to the welfare system. He also wants to privatize social security and healthcare to take the economic pressure off of the government while giving American citizens more choices in how they live their lives. Along with this, Johnson plans on eliminating all federal agencies in order to decrease our nation's debt.
4. His foreign policy is on point.
To sum it all up, Gary Johnson's foreign policy is centered on the idea that we do not need to get involved when it's none of our business. Unless one of our allies has called upon us for help or if our country is in danger, there is no reason for us to waste American lives or money on fighting wars we have no business fighting. Johnson wants to "repair and reinforce" our relationships with our allies and use them to our advantage. In all reality, his plans for foreign policy are quite simple...protect our citizens and our way of life. That's all he really cares about.
5. He actually has a plan to lower taxes while still decreasing the national debt.
Johnson says, "Today’s federal tax code does all the wrong things. It penalizes productivity, savings and investment, while rewarding inefficiency and designating winners and losers according to political whim. For far too long, tax laws have been used not just as a means to collect needed revenues, but as a weapon with which to manipulate our behavior, create and destroy industries and fulfill politicians’ dreams of social engineering. The result is a tax code that is more than 70,000 pages long enforced by a government agency with almost 100,000 employees. It is nothing less than a massive deployment of government force on our lives, our finances and our freedom." He plans to totally do away with tax subsidies and the double taxation on businesses while implementing a single consumption tax. This will give Americans more freedom to do what they want with their money. Gary Johnson's tax plan is supported by many famous economists.
The polls show that Johnson already has 11.5% of America's vote, and most people don't even know who he is yet. This is more support than a Libertarian nominee has gotten in the history of the political party's participation in the presidential election and this number is rising everyday. In the past, the Libertarian nominee has barely gotten 1% of the vote. For the first time in history, a Libertarian actually has a shot at winning the presidential election. What is stated in this article is just a small amount of what Gary Johnson has to offer. Instead of having to chose between the worst of both parties, let's make America sane again by electing the best of both parties. Be Libertarian with me. You won't regret it.
That will do it for this month’s political class insanity: why the Second Amendment needs to be saved, shady characters being honored at the Democrat’s national convention and maybe, just maybe, Gary Johnson can be the answer for what ails the country. Lord knows, the Democrats and Republicans have had their chance and have failed miserably.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: