- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating healthcare costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high healthcare costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
- You cannot resolve any problem unless you understand and address the underlying root causes. No difference here: Obama Care legislation never addressed these listed root causes and thus, has no chance of ever being successful.
- No one, absolutely no one, is seeing the $2,500 DECREASE in their annual health insurance costs that Obama promised over and over.
- Obama Care is still not even close to “bending the cost curve” as Obama promised over and over, the costs are still there but are just being moved around from taxpayer to Obama policyholder, which continues to add to the national debt and makes the original Obama Care business case look pathetically inaccurate.
- Aetna and Anthem, two of the largest insurers in the country have reversed their plans to expand their Obama Care business and are actually going to shrink that business next year.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation predicts that overall across the country, Obama Care insurance rates will go up by at least 9% in 2017, more than four times the rate of inflation.
- Blue Cross has announced that rates will go up on average 40% in Alabama and by 60% in Texas.
- The article correctly points out that “Higher premiums and deductibles created disincentives for young healthy people to throw money into the Obamacare pit for services they’ll never use and deductibles they’ll never reach unless they experience a catastrophic event. Meanwhile, people getting heavily subsidized or “free” coverage are overusing health services by seeking treatment for common minor illnesses and injuries.”
- Thus, the young and healthy that were supposed to subsidy the old and ailing never materialized and the old and ailing are overusing their insurance since they are not paying for a lot of it, a double whammy on the insurance companies’ financial results.
- Only 11 million people got Obama Care insurance coverage in 2016, which was barely half of what was forecasted by the Congressional Budget Office originally.
- But about 1.6 million who signed up in 2016 never paid for their premiums and were dropped by the insurance companies in June, meaning less than half of the expected enrollments have showed up.
Rising costs, higher taxes, loss of privacy, rationing of care, a doctor shortage made worse, etc. Sounds about right for the worst piece of legislation ever passed.
SARAH, WASHINGTON: Sarah's daughter was approved for treatment at Seattle Children's Hospital, then was denied four days later because hospital was "out of network" under the plan she had through the exchange.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: