But we have faced incompetence before in Jimmy Carter. We have faced criminality in Richard Nixon. And we survived as a nation. But we have likely never faced in any Presidential campaign is the corruption and biased reporting of the press in this country. Rather than providing the facts and realities of life, we are now faced with press and journalism outlets that have a point of view to push rather than the truth.
And that is what scares me more than the incompetence of Trump and Clinton. Without the truth that the press has previously been relied on in the past, we are forced to question everything and adjust our views not based on the realities but on the historical reporting bias of each news outlet.
To show you how biased, crooked, and dangerous news reporting is today, consider the following recent instances where journalism has the distinct color of yellow:
1) Before giving actual examples of bad journalism, let’s consider what a recent Gallup poll says about how much Americans trust what the press media tells us today. According to their recent opinion poll, only 32% of respondents said they have a great deal or fair amount of trust in the media today:
Trust among Republicans has dropped especially fast, from 32% in 2015 to only 14% in 2016. Trust among younger Americans dropped 10 points in one year.
Our democracy can survive bad Presidents, it has done so in the past. Not sure it can survive a perverted and corrupt press and media industry where truth is secondary to ratings and the political leanings of high ranking media executives and owners.
2) ABC News recently got into the biased reporting act when it abruptly cut the live feed of a Trump speech after he said something that ABC News did not like relative to the ABC favored candidate, Hillary Clinton. Trump was making a speech in Daytona Beach, Florida and said that Hillary Clinton “should get an award as the founder of ISIS.” Typical campaign rhetoric, making an accusation that has at least some credibility. However, immediately after those words came out of his mouth, the ABC News feed went blank and then returned with only the ABC News logo and some background music.
Now, it could be that ABC simply had technical problems. However, since it does not appear that they apologized for the technical difficulties and I am a member of the 68% that Gallup found does not trust the media, I am going with the theory that Trump dared to accuse Hillary Clinton of some bad things that ABC decided to censor on the spot by cutting the Trump speech feed.
The whole censoring thing can be viewed at the following link:
2) Yesterday, we had a couple of examples of CNN, the Clinton News Network, misbehaving when something happened that did not fit their prejudiced view of what they wanted to report. In one instant they inserted a word into a Donald Trump quote that he did not say and in another instance they cut out a Hillary Clinton statement that they did not want the public to hear.
Today, let’s examine a CNN host that cut to a commercial break when an interview he was doing did not go according to the pre-conceived and biased manner he wanted to go:
- The host of a CNN news show, Don Lemon, was doing a live interview of Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke, focused on the riots in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Clarke has been very anti-Black Lives Matter activities and philosophies even though he is an African-American himself.
- During the interview, it is clear that Lemon keeps on wanting to promote a dialog that shows Black Lives Matter in a far more favorable light than how Sheriff Clarke holds that organization.
- Every time that Clarke tries to make a point about how bad Black Livers Matter is, Lemon tries to justify the organization in some way, only to be further rebuked by Clarke.
- Thus, rather than let a valid, expert opinion be stated, Lemon eventually gets so frustrated that he cannot get the answer he obviously wants from the sheriff that he just cuts the discussion short and goes to a commercial break.
- Things do not get any better when the come back off of commercial break, with the sheriff stating facts and realities about police and African Americans’ relationships and Lemon denying the facts that this subject matter expert is expected to bring to Lemon’s show.
- Lemon goes on to claim that he is just an unbiased reporter, that he simply reports realities which is pretty obvious he is not if you view the whole interview. The African American sheriff shuts down the interview with a very powerful statement that I am sure was not consistent with the biased message Lemon wanted to get: “There is no place in American discourse for that sort of vile, vitriolic hate coming out of this ideology. This has fueled and fanned the flames of this anger toward the American police officer. There’s only one group in America—one, Don—that cares about the lives of black people in these urban ghettos. It’s the American police officer, who goes out on a daily basis and puts their life on the line to protect who? Black people.”
Just another way that CNN remains a very biased and untrustworthy news sort, cutting off debate and discussion that is counter to their own skewed views and objectives. The entire discussion can be accessed at:
3) One last piece of reporting bias and, surprise, surprise, it also comes from CNN. This one is particularly interesting in that the CNN producers actually cut off one of their own reporters who dared to say something, anything even vaguely critical of Hillary Clinton.
CNN reporter, Brianna Keilar, was on the road reporting on a speech that Clinton had just given in Springfield, Illinois as she filed the following report: “Largely Hillary Clinton’s comments here today, John, were based around the recent violence that we have seen. The police-involved shootings of black men in Minnesota, in Louisiana, and the killing of white police officers by a black gunman in Dallas. That was really what she based her comments on around today.
And remember Hillary Clinton has some vulnerabilities herself. Even as she calls for criminal justice reform because of her support in the 1990s for anti-crime legislation that ultimately helped contribute to this era of mass incarceration that she now speaks out again–.”
Uh-oh, just as Keilar was starting to report on a very valid and historically accurate point that would show Hillary in a potentially bad light, her live feed went dead and the CNN producers threw up a silent black screen with some minimal graphics that referred to Donald Trump as “dangerous.”
Studio host John Berman then came back on with the following quote before the show moved on to another, totally different topic: “We just lost Brianna Keilar who was in Springfield, Illinois where Hillary Clinton just spoke.”
Did they lose her, which of course is possible due to technical difficulties, and it was just a coincidence that they lost her just as she was pointing out some Clinton downside issues, or were they continuing their recent history of protecting the Hillary Clinton image? Given that I am part of the 68% discussed by Gallup above and the history of CNN’s biased reporting, it is my humble opinion that they cut away intentionally in a true Pravda like manner.
The whole biased disaster can be seen at:
That will do it for the second part of our two part review review of dishonest and skewed news reporting in America today. From misquoting to trying to force an answer out of a TV guest to creative editing and lying to “technical difficulties,” more than two thirds of us out in the country do not believe that we can trust anything the media and press tells us today.
Remember, once the politicians and the press unite to protect and further each other’s interests, you are no longer living in democracy, you are living in a version of the Soviet Union where the government controls the news vs. the news controlling the government and today’s news reporters and journalists are nothing more than modern day Pravda workers.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com